Halloween: Sirius's Slashing of the Fat Lady

Disclaimer: I don't own anything recognizable of Harry Potter. I only own Nikki.

Nikki POV:

I had just completed the mandrake leaf process to become an animagus. I had to keep a mandrake leaf in my mouth for one full month, full moon to full moon. I'm pretty sure Professor McGonagall suspects what I'm doing, but I don't think anyone else knows. I've been saying the incantation, "Amato Animo Animato Animagus" since the last visible full moon, which was three days ago. I say this every sunup and sundown. This is to help Remus. I have already made the Animagus potion, and the only thing I have to do for it is put the soggy mandrake leaf in once an electrical storm happens and drink it.

I am walking with Percy to the Gryffindor Tower, but then we see a group of people crowding the Fat Lady's portrait. Percy briskly walks up and starts shoving people aside. "Let me through, please. Excuse me! I'm Head Boy."

I smirk at Fred and George and walk up to Percy, shouting, "Make way, step aside!! I'm Head Girl!" My laughter died in my throat as I saw the Fat Lady's portrait, the woman that I used to have long talks with, slashed with a knife. The canvas was grey, and I couldn't see her anywhere. In a suddenly sharp voice, I said, "Somebody get Professor Dumbledore. Quick."

Dumbledore finally arrived, after what felt like hours but actually was a few minutes. Peeves appeared, cackling. When Dumbledore asked Peeves what he meant by "You'll be lucky", Peeves said, "Ashamed, Your Headship, sir. Doesn't want to be seen. She's a horrible mess. Saw her running through the landscape up on the fourth floor, sir, dodging between the trees. Crying something dreadful," he said happily. "Poor things, he added unconvincingly.

"Did she say who did it?" said Dumbledore quietly. No. I think I know what he's going to say. No Peeves. Please no!

"He got very angry when she wouldn't let him in, you see." Peeves flipped over and grinned at Dumbledore from between his own legs. "Nasty temper he's got, that Sirius Black." I gasp. That is not Sirius!! He would never, ever do that to the Fat Lady! The Fat Lady loved him and the rest of the Marauders. I shakily turn and walk towards the Room of Requirement, ignoring the shouts of "Nikki" and "what's wrong." I pace in front of the Room, causing a door to appear. The Room took the form of a soft bed. I flopped onto the bed and sobbed into the pillow. How could Sirius do this? What is he even after? I need to see him.

I hear the door creak open. It's Fred and George. It has to be. I feel the bed dip, and a hand starts stroking my hair, soothing me. I push myself up and bury my head into George's chest. Why is the love of my life on the run from the incompetent Ministry? Why is Cornelius Fudge such a biased, corrupted prat?!? Fudge is the worst **Nikki has unleashed a stream of cursing that Wattpad.com will not allow. Please use your imagination to fill in this part.** "I hate the Ministry so damn much!"

"I know Nikki, I know. You need to take a deep breath. Here's a tissue for you." Fred hands me a tissue and I blow my nose on it. I wipe my tear-filled eyes with another tissue, because germs contaminate things. "We are supposed to be going into the Great Hall to sleep. Come on, let's go." I get up from the bed and start to walk to the Great Hall. I see squashy purple sleeping bags on the floor where the tables were supposed to be.

I hear Percy say, "Everyone into their sleeping bags! Come on, now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!!" I walk over to where Ginny is sleeping with Fred and George. I need to protect my siblings. I sit on a sleeping bag, trying to maintain control of my emotions.

I hear Snape and Professor Dumbledore talking among themselves. I absolutely despise Snape because he was terrible in the past and is a biased git to Gryffindors. He doesn't deserve any respect from me, so his title of Professor is one that I will not use. I hear Snape, in his oily voice, say, "It seems-almost impossible-that Black could have entered the school without inside help. I did express my concerns when you appointed-" Okay, so Snape suspects Remus of helping Sirius get into the castle? Really?? Why would Remus risk the one job he loves just to kill Harry, as what everyone suspects him of doing. He could also be suspecting me because he could have recognized me from when I was in his sixth year. He hates me, and I hate him. It's a mutual-hate relationship. I wouldn't help Sirius do whatever it is he needs to do. I will only help Sirius be safe from harm. I slowly drift off to sleep, one hand over Ginny's shoulders. Protecting her.

Author's Note: I didn't like writing this. It made me so sad for Nikki because she knows that Sirius didn't do it, yet everyone around her thinks he did it. I hope that we can get some sassy Nikki against Professor Snape!! That would be awesome.

QOTD: Do you prefer Book Ginny or Movie Ginny?

AOTD: Book Ginny 1000%!!!!

                      -GryffindorPadmeEaton