Coming Home and Quidditch Game

Disclaimer: How many times do I have to do this? I'm not J.K Rowling, so I only own the characters you don't recognize.

I yawn as we trudge off towards the woods where the Portkeys are, running on only a few hours of sleep. My feet barely lift off the ground as I walk forward, Sirius striding at my side.

"I'm exhausted," I comment, yawning again immediately after. Sirius looks over at me and studies my face. He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me closer to him so that I'm basically cuddling with him as we walk forward. We finally reach the Portkeys and Sirius holds onto me tightly, apparating us away. If I tried to do it by myself, I'd get splinched because of how tired I am. I feel the air disappear for a brief second and then everything becomes normal again. We're at the Burrow. I see Mum running out of the house, face drawn with panic.

"Oh thank goodness, thank goodness!" she cries as she runs up to our little group of Weasleys and one Black. The Daily Prophet falls onto the ground and I look at the cover. The headline reads: SCENES OF TERROR AT THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP. I pick up the newspaper and unfold it, seeing a smaller article about, surprise surprise, Sirius proposing to me. I roll my eyes and nudge Sirius with my elbow. He looks down at the article and groans.

"Why is Rita Skeeter obsessed with us?" he gripes as I laugh at his reaction.

"Am I supposed to know?" I question, grinning. He wraps me in a hug, chin resting on my head comfortingly. Then, I feel my mum's arms encircle my waist and pull me back out of Sirius's embrace. I yelp, surprised. "Mum, mum! You're strangling me," I choke out as my lungs crush together from the force of Mum's hug.

"You're all alright!" she shouts as she hugs me, if it's even possible, tighter. Dad has to pry Mum off of me, finally giving my lungs some much-needed oxygen. I walk into the Burrow and collapse at the table, burying my head into my forearms.

"Ummm, Coley? You okay?" Sirius asks as he sits down next to me.

"Mmph," I mutter unintelligibly. Sirius barks out a laugh as he pulls me closer to him, arm staying around my waist. My head rests on his shoulder as I vainly attempt to keep my eyes open and awake. Bill, Charlie, Fred, George, Ron, and Harry decide to play a game of three-on-three Quidditch. I want to see this because I'm a Quidditch fan. I get up and go to the backyard,  Sirius following after me. I shout at the boys, "OI, COULD I PLAY??" I'm a decent Chaser.

"There's an even number already!" Sirius smirks and raises his hand.

"Did you forget about me?" he calls in mock-hurt. I roll my eyes and grab two brooms for us.

"What are the teams?" I question.

"Ummmm how about Bill, Fred, Nikki, and Harry for one team and Charlie, George, Ron, and Sirius for another?" Everyone agrees to this plan, so our team huddles up.

"Harry, you're obviously Seeker. Fred, you're Beater. Nikki?"

"I'll be Chaser," I reply determinedly. "Bill, you are the best Keeper of our team. But that's because everyone else is crap at it." Bill rolls his eyes and we get on our brooms. I face off against Sirius, who is smirking at me. George is the other Beater, Ron's the Keeper, and Charlie's the Seeker. "Be ready to get your ass kicked," I comment to Sirius as I intently watch the red Quaffle in Charlie's hand.

"Oh, I think not. Maybe after this game we can decide whose better: Troy or me," Sirius responds as I laugh at him.

"Oh, there's no question. Me," I reply cockily and we shoot off into the sky, Quaffle launching into the air. I nudge my broom over in that direction and catch the Quaffle, tucking it under my arm as I fly towards the goalposts where Ron is keeping watch. I do a barrel roll on the broomstick, keeping the Quaffle tightly grasped in my hand. I peek behind me to see Sirius smirking at me and following me on his broomstick. I fake a shot towards the middle hoop but then launch the Quaffle towards the left hoop, the red ball flying through the goalpost. "HA," I shout as I pull the broom up to a stop, turning sharply to go on defense. I see Harry circling the top of the "pitch" along with Charlie. They're both evenly matched, which is pretty shocking because Charlie's around a decade older.

I see a "bludger" fly at me, forcing me to duck. Since Mum would go absolutely mental if we used real bludgers, we enchanted rocks to fly around and act as bludgers, but they wouldn't hurt. I see Sirius holding the Quaffle awkwardly. He was a Beater for Gryffindor when he was at school, so it's understandable why he's not a great Chaser. As the game goes on, we start to gradually become less stressed about what occurred at the World Cup.

Then, an idea crosses my mind. I smirk and start to fly closer to Sirius, drawing even with him. I quickly kiss him and then pull back, seeing his shell-shocked face and the Quaffle loose in his slack grasp. I quickly snatch the Quaffle away from him and soar towards the goalposts, launching the Quaffle with all of my might towards them. Unfortunately, Ron stops the ball from scoring ten points for us. Fortunately, Harry spots the Snitch a split-second before Charlie does and catches it, scoring us one hundred and fifty points and ending the game. Unlike Krum, this wins the game for us, 200 to 60. I grin at my fiancé, who sighs jokingly and smiles back at me. We land on the ground and put the brooms away, all of us walking into the Burrow and going into the living room. Yawning, I say goodbye to my family and walk over to Sirius, taking his hand and apparating us back to Grimmauld Place. Almost dead on my feet, Sirius and I walk into the house and up to our room, me collapsing on the bed fully dressed and falling asleep the moment my head hits the pillow.

Author's Note: I'm sorry this took so long to publish. Hopefully you enjoyed!!!

QOTD: Who's your fictional crush?

AOTD: Look at my username. Enjolras from Les Mis. <3

                     -Kaylin

                     -Kaylin