ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ.

MOVING
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙

her cold hands abruptly shook on the key that was stuck in the security door. the estate was so shit she hated everything about it. she walked up the concrete stairs until she got to her door, placing the key in gentler than she did before and opening the door. as soon as she shut it she heard her voice being called into the front room.

with a sigh she swung her head back before walking into the front room, leaning up against the door frame, looking at her mother sitting on the ageing sofa.

her mother was an alcoholic who was in denial, she was never normally this way, it was her verbally abusive boyfriend who made her this way. though she still loved her as she tried her hardest. she knew how hard addictions could be. she used to think her mum was being selfish, that was until she smoked her first cigarette and had her first sip of vodka.. then she understood.

"please sit down, lou"

lou, was a nickname from when she was younger - it came from her middle name louise. she knew by the tone of her mums voice that they were about to have a serious talk. her mind scattered around with thoughts of everything that she had ever done in her life.

"the rent is getting too much, baby. i don't want to.. but i've made the decision to move"

robyns face rose into a smile as she sighed in relief before replying to her mum.

"thank god, the security door is so damn hard to get into. please don't let it be another estate, i'm sick of walking past the gang on the stairs every night coming home. maybe the country side would be nice?"

robyn waffled on. not noticing her mother's face dropping more and more as her excitement increased. it was a new start for the both of them. she was estatic.

"not england, baby, i've decided on america. texas specifically. the houses are cheap - actual houses, plus your uncle lives out there. i think it would be a great new start for us."

robyns face had dropped, her heart falling into her stomach. she scanned her mums face to see joy consume her. she was just expected to leave lilith alone.. thousands of miles away.

"texas.. i cant just leave lilith, let alone halfway through my A-levels.. i've worked so hard just to get decent grades and now you want to move away?"

her mums thick hand landed on the girls thin arm, rubbing it soothingly. she explained everything to her daughter. about how her new school would let her carry on her exams there. she wouldn't be in six form, but in high school (again). the american school system confused her.

lolz filler chapter. cba to write her whole move so we gonna skip a bit😁 bye bye