ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

REKINDLE
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙

it was about 10pm.

the phone rung a couple times, each time making her leg jog up and down more and more, until it didn't.

she laid on her back, waiting for them to speak, the phone lightly pressed up to her ear.

"robyn."

"chase."

the two waited, confused onto why they had been called and why they called them.

"hey."

"hi."

robyn fiddled with her finger nails, chipping the already chipped paint from them, anxiously thinking about what to say.

"did i wake you up?"

he let out a soft groan, before humming a quick yes. she heard the quilt moving a lot, rustling in the mic until he cleared his throat and spoke properly, his voice still deep from sleep.

"it's cool though, what's up?"

she lifted her legs in the air, waving them around as she gathered her thoughts, resting them on the wall once she was done.

"i'm sorry for distancing myself from you after what happened the other night. i didn't like how i felt after that so i started pushing you away, which was wrong. so i'm sorry"

"did i make you uncomfortable?"

the worry laced in his voice made her say no quicker than ever, he didn't make her feel uncomfortable - she just didn't like that she felt some type of way for him, and it annoyed her more that she didn't know how she felt about him.

"no! no. it's me, i just got annoyed at myself - overthinking and stuff. haley told me i need to start telling people about what bothers me otherwise i'll push people away more."

he hummed, probably still half asleep, nonetheless still listening his best.

"i don't want to push you guys away because of my feelings, but i've been doing it for years it's like muscle memory. you guys are some of the best people i've met honestly. this shit is soppy as fuck omg-"

she started laughing, wanting to change the mood. she wasn't one to get into deep conversations that would normally end up in her feeling worse or crying.

"look at you, robyn woods, getting in her feelings"

the two laughed at chases attempt to lift the mood. she could admit to herself that she did feel better now, letting out some of her feelings helped her alot; like a weight being lifted from her shoulders.

an unusual tone started ringing, she took the phone from her ear and looked at the screen to see chase was requesting a facetime.

her face widened before she pushed her eyelashes up and answered.

his face lit up from the light in her room contrasting with the darkness in his, squinting, he moaned that it was too bright.

"i'm scared of the dark hold on"

she threw her phone down, stepping over to the other side of her room, plugging in her ocean light and turning her main light off, so that she wasn't totally in the darkness.

"be careful, the man in closet is gonna watch you know"

"boy shut up."

they both laughed before she laid on her side again, watching as his dimly lit face was decorating the screen with stupid emojis and animojis.

the pair talked for a while, about their biggest fears, their possible baby names - though robyn didn't want kids. their favourite music and what they listen to when they're sad.

"i think ctrl by sza hits different when you're sad, especially supermodel"

chase hummed, agreeing with her, before stating his.

"blonde by frank ocean is a good one to cry to"

robyn gasped and hummed quickly agreeing aswell before laughing in sync with chase.

soon the pair had fallen asleep on the phone together, with robyns worry's of the dark and her feelings had safely faded away.

@chase_rutherford
oh girl ... @ROBYN2COOL

*comments have been turnt off*

aw i actually used venus 4 a picture this time😁‼️
anyway i might go through and edit some chapters and make them more pleasing to the eye .. bye ☝️