ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

SLEEPING
↳ ੈ‧₊˚ ┊͙

the two stayed up until 2am, just talking about random things in their lives - nothing too deep though.

halfway through the pair went down to make noodles, robyn showing chase how she made them.

she would put the pasta in the pot of boiling water, wait for 7 minutes, drain a bit of the water. then add the seasoning, a LOT of chilli powder, soy sauce and then a sprinkle of cheese.

chase was embarrassed to admit they were actually good.

so now robyn was leant out of her window, a roll up in her hand, while chase sat on her bed behind her, watching as she inhaled the smoke with ease and exhaled as if she was releasing the build up of stress.

"does it not hurt?"

robyn turnt around to the boy watching her in awe. her teeth gently chewing on her gums as her face was full of confusion.

"inhaling the smoke."

robyns faced relaxed and smiled a bit as she realised what he meant.

"no, it did at first, made me cough a bit, but now it's just like breathing in air; except the taste is still horrible. i just pass that though."

"why do you smoke then if it tastes bad?"

"because of the feeling. the feeling of the smoke travelling through my body and sleeping through my veins. the dizziness it produces"

she found herself waffling to the young boy, her mind wandering. shortly after she butted the cigarette up, throwing it out of the window.
she shut the window gently, spraying the room with some body pray before walking to the bathroom to brush her teeth again, getting the taste of tobacco out of her mouth.

shortly after she walked back to her room, smiled deeply at chase before jumping onto her bed and grabbing her phone and sliding into the soft cotton bedsheets that she changed yesterday.

chase looked at her as if she was crazy. and she did the same, wondering why he was looking at her like that.

"so uh... where-"

robyn laughed at his confusion, biting her lip as she threw her head back in laughter.

"it's a double bed chase. you can just sleep in here. i don't mind. unless you don't want to."

chase shook his head, accepting the offer and awkwardly got into the bed next to her. she wondered why he was so awkward around her but brushed it off, showing him some tiktoks and laughing about them together.

soon enough it was 3am, robyn turnt to chase, her face full of mischief. he looked at the girl as if she was crazy, wondering why she was smiling like the devil until he realised the time.

"no.."

"spooky time"

robyn laughed at the simplist like she had ever said. she made herself laugh a lot, it was cute how she could do that so easily, it also made other laugh.

chase watched the girl as she got up to turn the lights off  and proceeded to lay back in the bed.

"have you ever seen a ghost or something"

she asked chase, him laying on his back aswell. she turnt her head to the boy, watching her perfectly sculpted side profile before he screwed up his head and mutter a quiet "i don't know."

"i think i have. not really a ghost, i was meditating once - contacting my spirit guide and i felt something touch my left shoulder."

"what's a spirit guide"

"like a guardian angel, they watch over you all the time, they're always there"

"that's cool how you can contact them. i find everything about what you believe in cool, i think it's cool finding out what people believe in and experience."

the two turnt their heads to look at each-other, the room falling silent as they just stared at eachothers dim lit features.

robyns eyes scanned his face, though it was dark she could see him pretty well. his perfectly plucked eyebrows, the light creases under his eyes - probably from laughing too much.

the light aqua colour they were. they weren't like the ocean though, she found the ocean scary and when she looked into his eyes she didn't see anger or fear. instead she saw calmness and peaceful energy. they were like what she imagined what heavens sky looked like. she didn't believe in heaven and hell so much, but if she were to that's what they would look like.
robyn was always told that you can tell a lot about a person from their eyes, she never believed it until now - always thinking they were waffling until she had looked into his eyes that night. she saw a whole story inside of his eyes, a story she wanted to find out so deeply.

robyn flipped onto her side so that she was fully facing chase now, him doing the same.

they stayed like that for a while.

finding peace in eachothers company.

they wondered how they went from disliking eachother,

to now staring into eachothers eyes, picking out pieces of eachothers storys.

robyn let out a heavy breath as she moved her right shoulder from behind her to on top of the blanket imbetween the two. her thoughts began to wonder again until she felt the warm touch of chases hand playing with hers.

she stared down at the pairs hands, watching as she lightly ran his fingers along her hand and fiddled with her dainty fingers. they stayed like that for a while, feeling eachothers fingerprints touching them.

she brought her hand to the back of his, lightly tracing signs and shapes, one of them unconditionally being the infinity sign.

it wasn't awkward, it was calming.

grounding almost.

feeling someone else touching you, remembering that you're here and alive.

"i hope you don't move a lot"

chases sleepy voice spoke, his voice box rattling with how it was.

"i don't"

lol