13: I'm sorry

Stretching his arms a little to the pillow above him, as his eyes slowly fluttered open.

Looking ahead an seeing an empty bed with rumpled sheets, indicating that someone who was once laying there is no more, seeing this mew jumped awake.

The bed was cold, which means gulf got out of bed long ago.

He looked at his night stand looking for gulfs phone, wallet, keys or anything that might have belonged to gulf.

"Gulf?"

. . .

Not getting an answer he quickly crawled out of bed, putting on sweatpants and checking each rooms of his top floor.

With every opened door, he would grow more anxious and his voice would get louder screaming out for gulf.

Checking every corner of his house, searching in the fridge, under the couch, in his cupboards and still not finding gulf he finally ran back to his room to get his phone.

He rang gulf phone and it went unanswered.
He kept on trying to call the other guy, but at the end of each ring there was always a voice mail.

"F-ck, gulf don't be playing with me and think this is funny."

Looking through his phone he called Krista.

After the second ring she picked up.

"Afternoon sir. Mew are you still planning on coming to work today?"

"Let's not worry about that now. Call me if you see gulf at work today."

"Did he do something bad while I was gone sir?"

"Call me if you see him at work today."

He turned off the phone, paying no mind to Krista.

"F-CCK, GULF if you think you can easily walk away from this."

Mews frustration of the current situation at hand started to give him a headache. He decided to just take a shower in the bathroom across the hall, because he wanted to be reminded of what he and gulf did last night.

Just the thought of being in the same shower of gulf resulted in mew taking a cold shower.

Mew decided that he should head to work today, he called his driver for the first time in two weeks, because gulf was the one driving him around.

Getting to the office, he gave Krista a document to hand to gulf when he arrives. Wanting to use that document as an excuse for making gulf to come to his office.

Mew couldn't focus on anything at all. Every time he tried to do something his mind would drift to the previous night, or his thoughts would turn ugly because he woke up with no gulf beside him.

After what felt like forever mew heard a knock at his door, throwing his gaze harshly at the door, he called the person to come in.

To his surprise gulf was the one who walked in. With rapid heart beats, he got out of his seat.

"G-Gulf. H-Hi."

"Here sir. The file that you ordered."

My heart dropped. 'S-sir?'

Why is he calling me sir? What happened.

Looking in his eyes, I tried to find any hint of sarcasm, amusement, anything that could tell me he was joking.

But instead of finding my usual gulf, all I could see was a cold stare, those ones every business official I've met had.

"Gulf, are you okay? sore? Any-"