28: Plans

Hearing my stomach start to grumble, I looked over at the clock.

With about 2 hours flying by, I decided I should take a break.

Also me being in this office any longer just might kill me.

Taking off my blazer, I loosely unbuttoned my shirt, and messily rake my hands through my locks.

*Ring* *Ring*

Hearing my phone ring, I lazily laid back on my desk and reached for it.

"Yes."

"Sir, Gulf and I will now be taking our lunch break. Do you need anything before I go?"

Gulf?

I was planning on asking him to eat lunch with me, but it slipped my mind.

"I don't need anything for now. I too am going on lunch break."

"Really sir? Would you mind joining us? Or do you have a lunch meeting planned already?"

Thinking over her offer made me have some inner conflicts.

Would Gulf want me to be there?

If its just him and Krista though, then that should be fine.

Even if he doesn't want me to be there, I can't reject an invitation.

But then again he could get mad at me when we get home.

"I'm fine Krista. You can just go to lunch."

Hanging up the phone, I went to my private bathroom in my office.

Washing my hands, I settled to stare down my reflection in the mirror.

I'll just have lunch outside the office.

Gathering my phone, and wallet I stepped out my office and boarded the elevator.

Descending to the ground floor, I walked out the elevator and stood in the lobby as I waited for my driver to come around.

Looking around a bit, my eyes caught something in a distance.

As the lobby and restaurant are close I saw a familiar face standing in the door way of the restaurant.

"Mew??!" The high voice boomed loudly.

Covering my ears slightly I smiled at her suprise visit.

"Why are you here? Don't you have work?" I said to her figure as she approached me.

"Welll, I actually have something to tell you. That's why I came down here today."

"Lucky for you, you caught me before I could head out."

"Well if you don't mind let's have lunch together. I'm guessing you haven't eaten yet. That's why I went to buy food from the restaurant in here."

"Okay. How about you head to my office, I have to make a phone call."

"Okay, hurry up though."

. . .

Getting off the phone with my driver, I had a weird feeling that someone was watching me, admist the normal stares I usually get anyway.

Looking around, I couldn't find the direction the stare was coming from.

Heading back upstairs, I walked in my office to have lunch with Diane.

.

.

.

"Okay, I have to get back to work Mew. I hope to see you before I go."

"Ok. Let's set up a meet up time too."

Getting out of my seat, I engulfed her in a hug.

"I'm going to miss you. Why do you have to leaveee?" I squeezed her tightly to my chest.

"Mew you're suffocating me."

"Does that mean if you're hospitalized you can't go?"

Smiling at me, she playfully hit me in the chest.

"No, that only will make me want to leave faster. Okay I really have to go now. I have another meeting soon."

"Okay. Bye safe driving. I love you!"

I went back to my seat; when she crossed the door.

Picking up the phone, I rang for Krista.

Not getting an answer, I left my office to go to her desk.

Reaching the open area, to where Krista was supposed to be; I saw her and Gulf exiting the elevator.

"I was calling your phone, but you never answered so I came to see if you were back from lunch yet." I said making eye contact with my secretary.

From my side view, I watched as Gulf walked past me and sat at his desk.

"Sorry. Is there anything you need sir?"

"I actually called for you to clear my desk. I have to get back to work."

"Okay sir, I'll get to it."

She said as she made her way to my office, leaving Gulf and I at their desk area.

. . .

I tried to pay no mind to the fact that he was ignoring me, maybe because we are at the office.

But the atmosphere felt a bit too cold for me to ignore the thick tension.

Walking over to his desk, I watched as he paid no mind to my existence.

"How was lunch? Never thought you were one to take breaks?"

. . .

"I'm guessing you-"

"P'Gulf you forgot your phone at the table."

A young small woman almost ran from the elevator with a object in hand, interrupting my conversation with gulf.

"Thanks Leia. Next time you can just call me down to get it. Don't want you running late when returning for your shift."

"Next time? Does that mean we are going to hang out again phi?"

"Sure. How about you have dinner with me tonight since I'm not busy."

"I'm sorry sir, but would your partner not mind? I- I don't want there to be a misunderstanding."

"No, no it's fine. My partner is always busy and have plans of their own. And plus its just friends hanging out. No reason for there to be a misunderstanding."

Mainting my position, I watched as Gulf and the employee talked as if I wasn't there.

Clearing my throat, I threw her off guard when she finally noticed who was standing before her.

"Sorry to say to you, that Gulf dinner plans with you are being canceled. As his boyfriend he has plans with me tonight. You can go back to work now young lady."

"O-okay sir." She said as her eyes wandered between gulf and I.

I don't know what I saw, but it looked like she was basking in bliss hearing of my claim over gulf.

Gently placing the phone on Gulf's desk she marched her way to the elevator.

Seeing that's she's finally gone, I turned to look back at Gulf.

"Come to my office."
_________________________________________________

Check out Chapter 1 of 'I KNOW YOU"