Series 1 Chapter 1

The Real Truth
Series 1 Chapter 1

Harry laid in bed, waiting, unable to sleep. Tomorrow he would be going to the burrow for the rest of the summer. Molly and Arthur had finally managed to convince Dumbledore to let him stay with them, under one condition. He had to stay with the Dursleys for one week to redo his protection against Voldemort. Harry turned onto his side, he watched as Hedwig slept in her cage, checking the clock in his room every so often. Unfortunately, it was broken and stuck at 5:32 which told Harry nothing. He sighed and climbed out of bed. Sitting down at the small desk he had, Harry pulled out his potions book, grimacing. As much as he hated potions, -and his potions Professor- if he wanted to be an auror he'd have to get better at the subject.

Soon -but what felt like an eternity to Harry- light started coming through the small window and Harry looked out to see the all too familiar blue car appear in the Dursley's driveway. Scrambling, Harry packed up the last of his things into his trunk and trudged downstairs. Veron stepped towards the door, muttering under his breath. He opened the door to reveal Arthur, Ron, Fred, and George all standing on the small patio infront of the door.

"Hiya Harry" The twins said in unison.

"Hey" Harry walked out, the door slamming shut behind him.

Arthur loaded Harry's trunk into the trunk of the car, while he climbed into the backseat with the twins, Ron was riding shotgun.

Ron turned around, "Harry did you know Hermione's coming for the summer too?"

Harry shook is head and withheld a laugh when the twins started teasing Ron. They all knew he liked her. Though, Harry's joy soon faded as he remembered something that happened the last year. Hermione had confided in him that she was gay. He smiled sadly and looked at his friend, he hoped Hermione would tell him too before Ron got his hopes too far up. Harry remembered Ron's reaction to Harry being Bi. At first he wasn't for it but eventually he accepted it. Only he and Hermione knew, and, well... one other had, but they were now dead. Cedric Diggory, Harry's ex-boyfriend. He sighed, if only he hadn't convinced Cedric to take the goblet with him... his death was all Harry's fault.

It was noon once they arrived at the burrow and Mrs. Weasley ran out only to smother Harry with hugs. Molly was like a mother to him, and he knew that the women had considered him another one of her sons by the end of first year. Ginny followed her mother out, and once Harry was free from Molly's grasp she batted her eyes at him. Harry just gave her an awkward wave.

"Hey Gin."

"Hi Harry" She said flirtatiously, twirling her hair around her finger.

Harry shuffled uncomfortably and Mrs. Weasley pulled the boys in to eat lunch, though once they were finished Harry saw Fred and Gorge walk outside.

"What are they up to?" Harry asked Ron.

"Who knows" Ron replied with a shrug and a mouth full of food.

"Probably off to see their mates." Ginny scoffed.

"I thought only people with a creature inheritance had mates? Fred and George don't have a creature inheritance."

"Their mates do" Molly pointed out.

Harry could've slapped himself in the face for being so stupid, but he refrained from doing so.

"Who are their mates?"

"Dunno, they won't tell us." Ron told him.

"All we know is that they're both boys." Molly said.

Ginny scrunched her nose. "It's disgusting."

"Ginny!" Mrs. Weasley exclaimed.

Harry was shocked by Ginnys's reaction and Molly's outburst.

"Anyone with common sense would feel the same way! Same gender relationships are filthy!" Ginny yelled back at her mom.
She looked at Harry as if pleading for help.

"Don't look at me, I'm bi myself." He said with a shrug. He felt complied to remind her about Cedric, but just the thought made something inside him sting.

Ginny's eyes widened and her jaw dropped. She quickly closed it, regaining her composure, and stormed upstairs.

"I apologize for her reckless behavior." Molly said, she sighed, "I just don't know what's gotten into her lately."

"It's fine. I mean, Ron kinda reacted the same way when I first told him."

"Ronald!"

"Harry!"

He laughed as Ron was lectured by Molly on manners, smiling at his best friend.

——

As normal Harry laid in the spare bed, or more like mattress, Molly had put on the floor in Ron's room. His mind wandered, Ron Hermione, Cedric, Voldemort. He shoved these thoughts aside, not wanting to dwell on the past. He sighed and rolled over, soon drifting off to sleep. He was awoken by the sound of distant yelling. Groggily, he grabbed his glasses, quickly putting them on, and made his way downstairs.

"Oh, sorry if we woke you Harry." Ron greeted him.

Harry just shrugged and made his way over to watch the game of wizards chess being played between Ron and George. Though he didn't see much since in just one more move George had won.

"How do you keep beating me?!" Ron fused.

George smirked, "Just face it Ronnykins~, I'm better."

"Ok, ok my turn." Fred took George's place and started a new game against Ron.

Harry watched in amusement as the twins beat Ron, over and over. They really were brilliant, even if they didn't apply themselves in school.

"I'm done playing against you two." Ron finally groaned, "I always lose."

"Then play Harry." The twins suggested.

"I'm not that bad-" Harry said through a laugh, "Besides I'm enjoying watching Ron lose for once."

The twins laughed and gave Ron a pat on the back.

"Face the facts Ron" Fred said.

"We're still better" George added.

"Always will be." The agreed in unison and left the room laughing.

Ron grumbled and put away the game. Harry could already tell this summer was going to be a good one.