part 1

Author's POV

" priya take this milk glass with you, give it to him, make him drink half of the milk then you have to complete the half of the milk ok.. don't drink before him....... don't say No to your husband's wishes.... do as he says....and please be polite to him." Priya's mom gave her advice which every indian mother does on her daughter's wedding night.

" Priya's mom gave her advice which every indian mother does on her daughter's wedding night

Priya's mom gave her advice which every indian mother do on her daughter's wedding night

Priya nodded in agreement and left for her room bowing her head. She was feeling shy and excited both at the same time.

Of Course she should be.... after all it was the most awaited moment for priya.

Slowly she opened the door of her room and want inside and glanced her room with a long breath.....Her room was decorated with red roses and Jasmin like they shows in many indian movies, few red heart shaped Balloons were lying here and there on floor along with that few candles were lighting for making the environment of the room more romantic. She inhaled the fresh fragrance of Jasmine's whole room.

" It's going to be a long night, " Priya mumbled to herself.

Placing the milk glass on table Priya looked for her husband who was nowhere to be found.

She heard water running from the bathroom.....'arjun must be inside' priya thought and sat on bed leaving a sigh.

In just the last 48 hours her life changed in an unexpected way that she never thought. She recalled everything that happened in these two days.... because everything happened in a hassle that she lost sync of her life.

She felt Annecy due to heavy jewellery , she just wanted to get rid of those necklaces which were suffocating her from the time her mother made her wear those heavy jewellery. She wanted to deny her mom but it will be a waste of time to argue with her ,priya thought and did whatever her mom told her.

" ahhhmm " priya's chains of thoughts were broken by arjun's throat clearing sound. She snapped at his direction.

" You came..... actually i was waiting for you till a few minutes ago...it just now i left to get fresh up" he said and ran his hands on his hair.

Priya nodded and smiled nervously because his continued gaze was making her weak.

Priya nodded and smiled nervously because his continues gaze was making her weak

his captive eyes weren't ready to leave her.... There was something different between them which couldn't be described in words .

After a while Priya came to her senses and blinked her eyes multiple times, which broke their eye contact with each other.

Both were embarrassed about what happened between them a while ago. To ease the situation priya spoke "I bought a glass of milk....so according to our rituals you have to drink that "

" Ummm..... actually i don't like milk....so " arjun said, pressing his lips hard making a 'sorry' face to priya. He didn't want to disappoint her in any case...at the same time he don't want to do something just to impro her , which he didn't likes

" I know...umm......i mean... even i didn't like milk.... it's just mom told me to give you " priya smiled at him.

" You should change into something comfortable as I noticed you were uncomfortable the whole day in those heavy jewelries, " Arjun said in a gravelly voice.

"Hmmm I'll be back in a while " saying this priya went to her closet passing a small smile to arjun.

Priya took out her PJ's from the cupboard to change after taking off those jewellery. It took almost 15 minutes to take off her jewelry.

Priya looked at herself in the mirror....... Everything was dissimilar in her....The attractive vermillion on her hair partition, pleasing designed henna (mehandi) on her both hands and all above that, the yellow long thread on her neck(nuptial chain). She looked more like a woman than a girl.

" Would he ever be able to love me like I did ? priya asked, staring at her reflection in the mirror.

" he will " mumbai this priya splashed water on her face. Her body shivered when the cold water hit her skin.

On the other hand, Arjun drew off the flowers which were designed on their bed in a heart shape. sleeping on the flowers will be a little disturbance, he thought. Resting his head on the headrest of the bed , Arjun sat there waiting for priya. Making himself comfortable in bed, Arjun closed his eyes for a few minutes of relaxation.

Wiping her face with a towel , Priya came out and found him already sleeping on the other side of the bed.

Arjun was fast asleep as he was exhausted from all the rituals and ceremonies.

Priya stared at him for a good seconds.....she wanted to talk to him about something important but watching his peaceful sleep she left that idea. chuckling at his sleeping figure she went to her cupboard and put her jewelleries in the locker. Closing the cupboard she turned around to see arjun.

Arjun looked so good to be true even in his sleep. His one hand was placed under his head while another was resting on his chest. The whole room was filled with a thick yet comfortable silence.

Priya noticed that he had already cleaned the flowers from the bed. She bent down to his level after making sure he slept for real. she kissed his forehead gently. Pulling the blanket over him priya switched off her room lights.

She walked to the other side of the bed and layed down. She kept a distance between them as she doesn't want to face awkwardness in the morning.

Closing her eyes she recalled the past events which happened in a hassle.

(Flashback starts from yesterday morning )

*******************************************

How's it ?

Interesting?