S I X

Back in the Slytherin common room, draco paced back and forth. "sit down" or "you're going to wear a hole into the floor." was thrown to him by younger students, but he couldn't seem to calm down. His best friend was in trouble and their only hope was the ditzy Georgia Bins. It amazed the boy how she was placed into Ravenclaw, but Scarlett loved her so he learned to tolerate the girl. He cared for the brown haired hufflepuff more than he cared for himself. He hated watching her in pain, and that's all her family caused her; pain.

The common room portrait swung open and the blonde haired Ravenclaw ran in panting. "She's going to be okay, they gave her detention with Hagrid. He never sends home owls."

Draco finally stopped pacing and let out a sigh of relief. It felt the weight of the world was taken off his shoulders. He looked over at the still worried Blaise who was sitting by the fire with a book in his lap, "what's wrong now?"

"Not to be that git but, has anyone thought of the fact that Snape might send an owl home? I mean they did prank him." Blaise was right. There was still the possibility Snape would want to hurt her.

Before he could start panicking again Georgia spoke up, "Don't worry, Mcgonagall already took care of that."

The two Slytherin boys nodded their heads finally happy their best friend was safe from the wrath of her home.

"Does anyone know when detention ends?" Blaise questioned.

Draco looked at his watch reading 8:25pm, "yeah five minutes."

"Should we head up to the kitchens? We all know that's where she'll go," Georgia asked.

Draco shook his head, "no i don't think so,"
he paused, "You of all people need to rest," he said nodding to the girl who looked like she was ready to drop into a deep slumber any second. He looked at Blaise, "We have practice tomorrow morning, i'll get up and check on her before hand."

Georgia smirked at him, "you just want alone time with her."

Deep down he knew she was right, but he couldn't tel he that. His ego would be hurt. He didn't want them knowing he was madly in love with a girl who only thought of him as a best friend. He grew to know that pain. He learned to deal with it. He's been in love with her since they were kids running around pretending to get married. He only hopped one day it wouldn't be pretend.

Draco shook his head and smiled, "maybe,"
but his face dropped into its normal blank stare, "maybe not."

She looked at him trying to decide which was the lie before bidding her fair wells for the night. The two Slytherins said goodnight before both trudging their way up the steps to the boys dorms.

***

The next morning the boy woke with a shock at 6am, his phone had been going off. He knew the familiar ringtone as it was the one he used to Scarlett. He grabbed his phone only to see texts from her reminding him to get up for practice and wishing him good luck. He smiled before slowly getting out of bed.

After getting ready, he quietly got out of bed hoping to not disturb anyone on his way out. Before he could even get down the steps, Pansy called up to him from the couch by the fire. "Draco? What are you doing awake?"

He looked at her realizing there was no escaping her questions, "going to see scarlett." His response was short and blunt not in the mood to deal with people this morning. He had to go see Scarlett. He needed to know if she was okay. Pansy nodded and smiled at the boy before returning to her book, The Little House on the Prairie .

He made his way out of his own common room and towards the Hufflepuffs. He swung open the portrait and slowly walked up the steps to her dorm. He was mad at her. Anger replaced the worry he once felt. She could of gotten hurt or worse sent home. Though he also came from a broken home, he at least has his mother on his side. Scarlett had no one there.

He knocked on the door and heard the brown haired girl groan in annoyance. Seconds later the door swung open and the girl smiled up at him. "Good morning, Dragon,"  she said using the nickname she knew made him weak in the knees.

"Don't you 'good morning dragon' me," he grumbled pulling her into her dorm. Luckily for both of them their weren't many Hufflepuffs sorted the year they came, so she had her own dorm. "What in merlins name we're you think Scarlett! You could of been hurt, or worse sent home!" He yelled making her jump in fear.

"I'm sorry," she whispered.

"Yeah? Well you should be!" He looked up at the girl cowering in fear and he was immediately filled with guilt. His face softened and he put his hand out, "i'm sorry too. I shouldn't have yelled. You just scared me, darling."

She grabs his hand and pulled him into a hug, resting her head on his chest. "You need to promise me Scarlett, that you won't purposely put yourself in danger again."

She held out her pinky waiting for him to grab with his, and once he did she said, "i PINKY promise."

They stayed like that for a few minutes before she shoved him out of her dorm so he could get to practice, but not before quickly pecking his cheek and yelling "good luck" throughout the once quiet Hufflepuff dorm.

The boy laughs to himself and thinks to himself, i think i love her a little bit more everyday.

***
a.n.
so crazy chapter. lmk if you like chapters like this or if you like the texts better.

anywho thank you for reading!! comment & vote if you enjoyed