26

(Long chapter ahead)

Fast forward to the day of Seungmin's competition. The whole week of preparation is an absolute hell for him. He barely had time for himself because of it. He spent most of his hours either in the library or studying in his room.

Luckily he has friends who cares a lot about him so they always check on Seungmin if he had eaten already or if he's getting enough sleep. 

Felix and him also got closer because of this. Felix also studies with him even if he doesn't even understand whatever the heck Seungmin is studying, he does this so Seungmin won't feel lonely while studying, he also learn a few things from it so it's a win-win situation.

They entered the gates of Seoul National University and was immediately welcomed by cameras and reporters shocking them.

''Why the fuck is the media here?'' Seungmin muttered loudly when they're out of that chaos and his senior's heard it so they looked at his direction so he muttered a sorry for cursing.

''Maybe because this competition is sponsored by a politician that also holds one of the biggest companies in South Korea.'' One of his seniors said making Seungmin sigh.

'This is so too much pressure. If I lose here, father and mom will definitely get mad and disappointed of me.' Seungmin thought and sighed.

''Are you feeling uncomfortable right now?'' Someone asked so he turned his head to his right to see one of his seniors Eunwoo.

''U-uhh, kinda?'' Seungmin responded.

''Same here.'' The older said with a chuckle. ''But I know that we'll do great so let the media do whatever they do.'' He added and ruffled Seungmin's hair.

Seungmin just smiled as they walk in and let the teacher with them to register them and get their IDs for the competition as they sat on the concrete benches under the tree.

'Will I really do well? What if I mess up?' Seungmin asked himself. 'I'm not even smart enough to--' He thought but stopped when he suddenly remembered something.

''Alright first of all fuck you, we all know you're smart so stop saying that you're not.'' he suddenly remembered what Felix told him making him smile while his seniors just looked at him weirdly.

He was just cursing because of the media earlier but now he's smiling from ear to ear. 

''Kim Seungmin of Haneul University you can proceed to room 325 now, the orientation will start and soon the preliminary quizzes.'' The attending teacher said to him a few minutes after while looking at the paper she has in hand.

''Don't be too nervous, don't pressure yourself we know that you can do it.'' His aunt said which he only smiled at.

''Seungmin fighting!'' They all chanted making him embarrassed when they caught a lot of attention.

''A-alright, alright, I'll go now.'' He said.

Seungmin followed the directions and signs the school has before he reached the room. He typed his name and his school's name too and sat on the chair around the middle isle. Minutes later, the door was closed and the teacher started speaking.

''Since there are almost 50 contestants here right now and it'll take too long to assess each and everyone of you, the jury decided to take a preliminary test for everyone and they'll decide which ones to remain after.'' A teacher said to them, through the microphone.

''The question for everyone will be, 'Tell us how physics can be applied in daily situations'. I repeat, 'Tell us how physics can be applied in daily situations'. We'll choose 20 contestants with outstanding answers'' The other teacher said.