XXV - final

I walk into my store, stressed to the core, head pulsating with pain. Insomnia decided to pay me a visit last night and that made me worried about bothering Taehyung, so I just slept in the couch on the living room.

I left home for work sooner than ever, trying my best to be ready for another day of work with my eyes barely open and my limbs feeling as heavy as rocks.

The day, though tiring, goes by quickly and, before I know it, the last costumer walks out the door. I plop down on the chair behind the counter, closing my eyes for just a second, but soon jumping to my feet when i hear the bells of the door ring softly.

"I'm sorry, we're closed," I say as I rub my tired eyes.

I then open my eyes and realize it was no one other than my boyfriend walking in, "Oh, baby, I'm sorry," I lean over the glass counter.

"Hello, beautiful," he grins, walking over and leaning on it too, kissing my lips softly.

"I thought we'd agreed we'd meet at home for dinner," I say, "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is perfect," he brings one hand to my cheek, stroking my cheekbone with his thumb before he starts walking around the store, "I actually am looking to buy something, if you won't mind having a costumer at this late hour."

I grin, watching him as he checks the shelves, "I don't mind at all."

"I'm looking for a ring," he walks over to the counter and checks all the rings displayed inside the glass.

"What?" I mumble breathily, caught by surprise.

It's like all my tiredness and sleepiness vanish right at that second, the moment those words roll out of his mouth, because, even though Taehyung had gifted me rings before, the way he said it so fondly makes it seem different this time around.

"My girlfriend usually likes things simple, so maybe just a simple silver one with a rock. Nothing too exaggerated," he smirks mischievously as he realizes how I start freaking out on the inside, "I've actually been checking your website for the past few weeks, 'cause this time it has to be the most special ring ever."

I freeze completely, not knowing what to do or how to act next, I just freeze.

"It has to be ring that will make her feel special every time she looks at it," he starts walking towards me, behind the counter, "a ring that will always have a different meaning than the other ones I've given her before," he walks until he's just a step away from me, "So, can you help me?"

I snap out of my tranced state, blinking several times before I grab one of the rings on display, "I think she'd like this one very much," I show it to him.

He pouts and nods, grabs it from my fingers and with his free hand, he holds my hand.

"This girlfriend I've been telling you about," he smiles, "she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. She taught me things no one has ever even tried to teach me. She helped me through a lot. And even though I made some mistakes, horrible ones, she still managed to forgive me and teach me how to do things right. She always gave me another chance and I will never be able to thank her enough. She's the one person I love the most in my life. She's the only one who can wash my worries away. She's the only one who tries to understand me. And the only one who loves me as much as I love her," he says and at this point my eyes fill with tears, happy, very happy tears, "So this ring is extremely special, not only because she's the most important person in my life, but also because I expect her to be wearing it for the next few months," he brings my hand to his lips, pecking my knuckles before he continues, "This ring is special, because this is the ring I plan on using when I ask for her hand in marriage," he grins and I can definitely see tears gather in his eyes as well, "So I guess there's only one thing left to do here, huh?" he chuckles a bit, and a tear rolls down his cheek.

I bring a hand to his face, wiping the tear off as I chuckle too.

"Damn it, I swore to myself I wasn't gonna cry when I did this," he wipes the tears from his eyes with his wrist, "Okay, now—"

"Yes."

"Wait, I haven't even asked you yet. Let me make the question," he laughs.

I laugh, "Sorry, I just— I can't wait."

"Okay, I'll be quick," he giggles, "Hayun, my beautiful, amazing girlfriend, will you marry me?"

"Yes," I nod and kiss him before he can even put the ring in my finger.

But when he does the ring fits a little big — actually really big and almost slipping right out of my finger.

"Actually," I chuckle, "This one's too big for my finger. I'd have to get another one in the drawers, but I don't wanna kill the mood."

"And I don't plan on getting out of this store without you having an engagement ring in your finger," he says, "It's okay. A mood like this cannot be killed so easily," he jokes.

I rush to the drawers a little further from where we were standing and quickly get the ring on my size, handing it to him with a big smile, "Here."

"Okay," he breathes, "Your answer was 'yes' right?" he jokes.

I pretend to think, rubbing my chin as I look away, "I don't know, let me rethink," I joke too, but before I know it he has slipped the ring on my finger and pulled me into his arm, kissing my neck before he kisses my lips and smiles.

"I love you," he says, holding my face.

"I love you, too," I reply.

And I do. I love this man more than I've ever loved anyone. I love him with my whole being. He's the one, the only one.

What started as something so unpromising and superficial, turned into something much bigger and greater than we could've ever expected. But as it grew into something so beautiful, my love for Taehyung grew just bigger and bigger.

And I cannot wait to spend the rest of our lives together.

- the end -

a/n::
thanks for reading this fic
it's still insane to me how much support and love this work got, i will never be able to thank u enough
i'm sorry it took me so long to give u what u deserved for giving me such a great time on this app
i hope this ending makes u happy
i also hope you'll check out my other works on ao3 in case u like what u've seen here (my user is 'altaernative' there)

xx
bea