Ch 12 - Confidence

-Clay's POV-

"So?" George is waiting for me to respond, I have no idea what to tell him. What if he thinks I'm like my family. What if he thinks that I never cared about him. Does he know what I am doing? Will he hate me?

Then I felt a hand on my shoulder shaking me "Clay, are you ok? You started mumbling out of nowhere," George then started standing in front of me. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No no it's ok, I can tell you why I actually moved." Then we both sat down on the stools by the kitchen's islands. "I don't know fully why I needed to move away, but my parents told me because of their business. I didn't really want to move but I had no choice, so when we moved back here, my parents said they will stop moving since they realized how I hated moving from one place to another so we settled here. I really wasn't suspecting meeting you again, but when I saw you again, flashbacks came to me and I remember how much I miss after so many years," I felt warm tears going down my cheek. I could tell George noticed it right away because he quickly went to me and pulled me into a comforting hug.

"I m-miss you too C-Clay, I never for-forgot about you. I was actually thinking when I get older, I will try to contact with you and move or go visit you again." George's words showed that he really cared about me and he actually keep his promise, We will always be friends, no matter what. But deep down in me, I wish he seems me more than a friend.

I was the first one to pull out of each other's arms, I felt like a piece left me. We then spent the rest of the afternoon goofing around and talking about how the new year is going to be. It felt nice we were spending time together, I looked at my phone to see that it is 11:53 pm, I really didn't want to leave him and I wanted to continue talking but my older sister did message me about something she needs help with.

So I stood up from my chair and turned to look at George,"Sorry George, I need to go now, maybe we can hang out another time?"

"Of course but why do you need to leave?" I can hear he was a bit upset in his voice, then I walked up to him and pulled out my phone.

"First of all, it's almost midnight," I then showed George the time on the phone, which George then realized how late it is. "And second of all, my sister needs help with something, I'm not to sure what it is but she needs help."

"O-Oh umm... ok, I guess I'll see you later then," with that, he waved to me goodbye and I took that as a sign he will be okay and I can go, so I got my coat, putting my phone in my pocket and getting my keys I left on the coffee table.

"Bye George, I'll see you soon," I walk through the door and I quickly walk to my house. When I was on the porch of my house, I could see that the living's room lights were still on which I assumed it was my sister waiting for me. So when I opened it, I saw my sister and my mother sitting on the couch, I walked over to the couch and waited for my sister to notice me, which she quickly noticed I was standing by.

"So what do you need help with?" My sister then patted next to the spot by her.

"Well ummm... I may be leaving the state, since I need to do it for college and one of my friends already lives there. Also after finishing college in those few weeks, I may not come back and be living with my friend." I went silent, she has talked about moving away but not this soon. They were a duo, in games, in school, even in crime before Clay started doing his own crime.

"O-oh ummm.... Are you sure? I mean I know this is a big thing for you and I know you had a dream about traveling but so soon?" My sister realized how upset I was for here to go so soon without any knowledge of her planning this before.

"Hey Clay?" She lifted up my head to see my eye all misty and watery, the only time I cried like this when my mom got shot by the police and she was so close to death when I was 11 years old. "It will be okay, you need to learn to be on your own now. Maybe you will find someone else that cares about you as much as I do, stay strong okay?" I nodded to my sister, I'm going to miss her but it's her dream, and I can't stop here from believing what she wants to do.