chapter 38, could've been

i didn't respond to alessio's text, i knew i shouldn't be texting him even though i craved him more than ever. i ended up just falling asleep.

- october 18th, 12:21 pm -

i woke up to my ringtone going off, someone had been calling me nonstop. it was my old lanlord. techically he didn't own the house anymore, but the state was told her was to keep a close eye on us since were young or something like that. i angerly answered the phone call.

lanlord: FINALLY! i've been calling you all morning y/n!

y/n: yeah. i know i've been trying to sleep.

lanlord: okay i don't have time for this, you need to get your things out of the house in L.A. like asap. the state is coming over for an inspection, to make sure there's no acohal. since everyone who's on the morgage is under 21, and to see if the rumor is true that you don't live there anymore. listen, if they find out you don't live here anymore and that your belongings are still there they're going to throw out all of your stuff. i tried to convince them to leave you alone, but they wouldn't budge it only made things worse.

y/n: okay fine. when do i have to come back?

lanlord: now. they're coming to the house TOMORROW. if you leave now you'll make it this evening. if you don't come and stay until the inspectors leave, or get all of your stuff out then you and your housemates can get in trouble.

y/n: what the actual fuck.

lanlord: i know... oh shoot i have to go, please come to la asap at least for your friends sake.

and with that, he hung up. i got up and threw on a red sweatshirt with a matching white school girl skirt. it just felt like a skirt day. i told my mom the bad news, and i went back to my room to pack everything back up. i was going to have to wait for my car to get shipped back overseas. i ordered my uber and carried my things out to the main room. i completely forgot about saying my goodbyes to flinn. leaving now would risk him remembering me, but i didn't really have a choice. i told him goodbye and that i loved him. louis walked downstairs and saw me waiting by all of my suitcases. he had clearly just woken up. we was in black and red plaid boxers. and a black tank top. damnnnn. he was definitely hot. "leaving so soon?" he said running his hands through his hair, walking to the coffee machine. his morning voice was very hot let me tell you. this mf sounded like corpse. as he was waiting for my response i noticed him examining my outfit, and he was horrible at hiding it. "like what you see?" i said jokingly. a quick expression of embarresment came across his face, but it soon turned to the smirking face he does. "i do." he said laughing, turning around to get his coffee out of the machine. he was drinking straight black coffee. it was oddly attractive. "i have to go back to L.A." i told him. he looked confused. "wait but i thought you weren't ready to go back there?" he said. "i'm not, but i have to." i said checking my phone. "my ubers close." i said to him with a sad expression. "let me give you my phone number" he grabbed my phone out of my hands. my phone was open to my instagram profle. he took in the amount of my following. "oh fuck. you're famous?" he asked me. "uh something like that." i told him. "damn." he said to me as he saved his newly made contact into my phone. he handed me back my phone. we exchanged a quick smile. then i got a notification that my uber had arrived. i said my goodbyes and left, dragging my suitcases behind me. i got in my uber and head to the airport. i waited for my flight. after waiting, my flight was finally boarding. i sat by the window. an old lady sat next to me. i fell asleep for the rest of the flight.

i woke up to the pilot talking over the intercom, "we are near landing" he said. i gathered my belongings and waited patiently. after we landed i got off the plane. i wanted to surprise my girls. so i didn't tell them i was coming back to L.A.. i ubered once again to my home. part of me missed the feeling of being here, but i didn't miss all of the bad memories. i grabbed my suitcases from the trunk, and the driver sped away. i took a couple of deep breaths in, and opened the front door. no one was in the living room, like they usually were. i called out to anyone. no one was home. i went up to my old room. it was a mess, just how i left it. except somethings were different, alessio and i's pictures were scattered all over my room. i knew he had been in here. i texted bella.