Chapter 11: Joy & Fear comes to royal woods

Ben: (Serious) I know that laugh anywhere...

Lynn: Who is it?

Ben: Two words, Zombozo.

Lana: Who's Zombozo?

Ben: A monster clown, he once drained the positive energy of his audience to feed his hunger for laughs and fear, making him stronger. My cousin Gwen and Grandpa Max were victims of his fearful act so I had to beat with Ghostfreak as he got scared himself. I remember my cousin Gwen told me that she scared him senseless  with her anodite form, haunting message and all too, we haven't seen him since then.

Luan: He sounds like a sad clown.

Ben: He's more of a dark humor type of clown.

Lynn: So he ran away from your hometown and thought it would be funny to start a criminal comeback in our town?

Ben: I guess but let's not stand around, let's see what he's up to?

Lincoln: Alright.

The group walk further into the city, following the laughter of Zombozo to see what he's up to. This lead them to royal woods mall which was transformed into a nightmarish circus area, swarming with infected people now aliens with clown face paint.

Ben and the others hid behind a truck as they think of a plan.

Ben: Ok, we're gonna split into three groups; Lori, Lincoln, Ronnie Anne, Sid, Lana, Luan, Renee, Carol and Bobby you're with me. The second group is Leni, Lucy, Rocky, Haiku, Lola, Giggles, Benny, Polly, Lynn and Francisco. And the third group shall be Becky, Clyde, Luna, Sam, Tabby, Lisa, Darcy & Maggie.

Everyone nodded.

Ben: Already then, let's go.

The three groups then took different paths; Group 1 took the left path, Group 2 took the right path and Group 3 took the straight path down the middle, using the cars and trucks as cover to avoid detection of the corrupted human alien hybrids.

******

Later, we cut to inside the mall in a large, dim lighted area where various infected humans now turned aliens were struggling as they were in reinforced chains, groaning, growling and roaring as they wanted out. Soon, a creepy laugh got their attention as the figure spoke in the darkness.

???: Hahahahaha... don't tell ya guys are feeling dooooooown in the dumps? Ha! (A jagged yellow tooth creepy smile appeared in the shadows followed by glowing yellow eyes) let's get a laugh out of my audience here!

Out of the shadows appeared Thumbskull and Acid Breath of the circus freak but they too received an alien change. Thumbskull looked like Frankenstrike, more bulkier with bolts on his chest, stitches, green eyes, armored gloves and towers conductor coils on his back. And Acid Breath looked like Spitter, he resembled a puffer fish with spikes on his head, his head swelled to cover most of his upper body in front & sharp jagged teeth.

???: Time to start the opening act, boys!

Thumbskull: Yes Boss!

Acid Breath: With pleasure.... hehehe...

The two approach the chained infected human/aliens as the mutated circus freaks pull out funny looking guns, aiming it at their prisoners.

Acid Breath: Time to smile.....

The two fired at the prisoners, engulfing them in white smoke and confetti. Soon, the infected human/aliens slowly started to chuckle or giggle until it picked up into full blown laughter, some were scared as they couldn't stop laughing while others succumbed to it as clown like face paint started to spread across their faces.