Epilogue

Zain Tanzanite Cohen

"Time of death..." Those words keep repeating on my mind.

No...No...No it can't be true. I loved her. Wala naman akong pinagkulangan diba?

I shook my head. Para na akong mababaliw because of those words. I didn't blame the doctor and nurses. They just did their job. They tried to revive my wife.

Because of overthinking and predicting what would happed to my life in the future, I was out of consciousness. The last I heard was voices that I didn't even understand what they're talking about.

Aquamarine Pearl

Where am I? What is this place? It's pulchritudinous like a paradise.

"Hello Pearl." Someone called me and I was shocked when I turn my back and face these people.

They're Tanzanite's parents. Patay na ba ako?

"Am I dead?" They shrugged.

"We are aware that our son is already married. He always talk to our grave after work." His father said.

"Hija it's not yet your time. Your body is fighting. But before you leave and go back to your world, promise us that you're going to take good care of Tanzanite. Love him the way he loves you. Kung saktan ka niya just talk to us on your mind or at the cemetery mumultuhin naming siya ng daddy niya."

"We're also excited to see our grandchild/grandchildren." I smiled.

"Pwede bang hawakan naming hija before you leave." I nodded.

"Of course tit---...." They cut me off.

"Mom at Dad hija." I smiled.

"Kung buhay pa sana kami we may be able to see your kids." A tear fell on Mom's cheeks. I wiped it while they're holding my tummy.

"We can always visit you Mom, dad."

"Yes hija pero iba pa rin kapag nakikita naming ang mga apo naming. Gusto din sana naming silang alagaan. We want to see them grow up like our son."

I held Dad's hands.

"But it's okay. Nakikita naman naming kayo kahit di niyo kami nakikita. Welcome to the family Pearl." They gave me a tight hug.

It feels so good to be hug like this. I never felt the warmth and welcome of my parents. His parents are different. You can see in their eyes that they really love Tanzanite and I can feel that they accept me.

"I'll love and take good care of him po Mom, dad. I promise to you that I'll be a good mother and a wife." We had a group hug again.

"sige na hija you need to go back now." I nodded.

They showed me the way and waved goodbye to them.

"We love you both."

"We love you too po Mom and Dad."

******

I open my eyes and I saw white ceiling. I'm... I'm alive!

I smiled. I look at the side of the bed and no one's here even Tanzanite.

Where is he?

Someone knock the door.

"Good evening Mrs. Cohen. Gising na po pala kayo." The nurse greeted me.

"Where's my husband?" I'm really worried about him.

"Nasa kabilang room po Ma'am. Nahimatay po kanina."