Chapter 5

Years passed and now I'm already a successful doctor and a business woman.
But my parents were still the same.

"Di ka pa ba mag-aasawa? You're not getting younger anymore." Ma said.

"Oo nga naman or maybe tomboy ka? Subukan mo lang maging tibo!. I'll make sure you'll suffer forever!" Papa scream on my face.

I stop myself from crying because they might hurt me.

"Hindi naman po Pa. It's just that I'm still young and I'm just 25 years old."

"Young?"

"Yes ma everything has a right time po."

"So you'll just wait? Not going to make a move?"

"Eh wala pa naman po akong type."

"There are so many gentlemen out there. You could use your pretty face to them."

"Ma the real definition of beauty is what's inside your heart not the face because beauty on the outside does not last forever."

"Being heroic ganun ba? Bait-baitan pero masama ka naman talaga" Papa said.

"No pa I'm just saying that we should not rely on the face or appearance or status of a person but what's in their heart and soul."

"Fine let's stop this. You don't really want to lose in an argument. You don't wanna lose your pride."

I shook my head.

"I lost my appetite,thanks to you bitch. Malas na bata!"

Mama and Papa walk out of the dining room and ask the maids to bring their food inside their room.

I silently finish my meal and went upstairs to play my gadgets to forgot the pain.

When will this pain ends? When will someone who would love me and take good care of me? Ang sakit sakit na, sobrang sakit. It feels like that world hates me.