❣ 𝟎𝟏. 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐭

"𝐀𝐬 𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫, [𝐧𝐚𝐦𝐞]," ¹

Kuroo spoke out as he looked at what [name] had written based on her observation during practice. It had been close to a month now, and [name] had gotten used to being part of the Nekoma Team, and would often be the one trying to settle the disputes.

Which mostly is caused by Yamamoto.

He ruffled her on the hair, given how the Nekoma Team had grown attached to [name] ever since she joined as their manager, yet, there was something that nobody was telling her. She had heard about the previous volleyball manager.

Who was someone's sister, but she never knew why she had quit or who she was. None of them spoke of her name then, and [name] could tell that the most affected was indeed Yaku, who tried to put up a strong front.

"Kuroo," Nekomata called out to the captain, who turned to look as he handed the clipboard back to [name] and he jogged up to where their coach was seated on the bench, waiting for him to arrive.

"Does he not intend to return?" Nekomata asked, yet, he didn't ask in a disappointing tone. His tone was laced with concern as if he was afraid if his tone wasn't gentle, he might break Kuroo apart somewhat.

"I'm not sure yet, coach. He hasn't been answering any of us, nor did he attend school," Kuroo spoke out and [name] tilts her head then as she turned to look, often there would be one sports bib that was left at the side.

The number 8.

"Ne, Mori..." [name] called out as she turned to look at the libero who was stretching so he could cool down his muscles, he hummed in response, looking at [name] who was pointing to the sports bib.

"Was there supposed to be one more player? I can't help but notice for the past month, that sports bib will always be laid out," she pointed out and Yaku rubbed the back of his neck then, unsure of how to answer her.

It's not that he didn't want to answer her, but it was more of a 'how' does he explain the situation.  He turned to look, just as Kai arrived and noticed [name]'s questioning gaze. He walked over to where the sports bib was, and picked it up with ease, keeping it.

"Well, we do have a missing player," Yaku started and everybody heard his voice, stopped with what they were doing as they turned to look at the libero. He could only chuckle nervously then and looked at Kuroo, who then let out a sigh and nodded his head.

"That missing player wears the number 8 jersey. It's been a month ever since we last saw him," Yaku added on and [name] could only wonder if it was related to her desk buddy that was missing as well.

"Is it the same man as my desk buddy?" she asked, and Yaku nodded his head. Kuroo chuckled then as he waved the first-years along with the second-years off, telling them to start cleaning the gymnasium while they talked to [name].