❣ 𝟏𝟐. 𝐒𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐩 𝐈𝐈

𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲'𝐯𝐞 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐞

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐭𝐨𝐨. ¹

"Ah, nii-san! You are out training again with Kuroo-senpai and Yaku-senpai?" she asked with a slight pout on her face as she sat up on the sofa of the Akane Household where they lived together with their uncle, Akane Kazuya.

Kazuya, who was seated on the armchair, chuckled in response at how Haruki had reacted, and he lowered the newspaper down as he took a good look at Haizaki who was a sweaty mess, covered in dirt as well.

"Ah, the competition is coming up. I can't afford to go slacking off," Haizaki spoke out with a smile as he walked over to where Haruki was, ruffling her hair slightly, whereas she had a slight pout on her face.

"Mou, you are just going to make me worried!" she spoke out and Haizaki let out a sigh as he squats down and flicks her on the nose, where she smiled softly. Yet, his dark blue ocean eyes noticed how the sides of her neck had slight bruises on them.

He looked up to Kazuya, who shook his head. Yet, Haizaki didn't decide to remain silent as he reached out, his fingers gently tracing the bruises on her neck.

"What happened to your neck?" he asked and watched as her dark blue ocean eyes widened at his question. He watched as she had on a gentle smile then as she held his hand dearly in hers.

"Nothing bad happened, nii-san. I just happened to apply too much pressure when I massaged myself," she pointed out and Haizaki raised an eyebrow as he looked deep into her eyes, as if trying to figure out whether she was lying.

But he saw no sign of it.

"Really? Alright then. Next time don't do it by yourself," he spoke out and patted her on the head once more and she smiled widely in response as she clutched onto her phone tightly, where it was constantly receiving messages.

"How was school today, Haruki?" Kazuya asked, wanting to prompt more of what was going on at school. Haizaki, who was about to head up the stairs stopped the moment he heard the question as he waited for her to answer.

"School? It was great! My friends are all so friendly. Even nii-san's friends are friends with me," she spoke out with a smile, yet, Kazuya saw through it all too well. And then she turned to look at Haizaki who had on a gentle smile then.

"You can come to me if there is anything wrong, Haruki. Nii-san will protect you," he spoke out with a smile and Haruki nodded her head in response as she urged for her older brother to go and take a shower before dinner.

"I'll go and heat up dinner," Haruki spoke out, not wanting to be alone with Kazuya then as she had noticed his watchful gaze. She swallowed the lump in her throat as she entered the kitchen and hesitantly took her phone out.