❣ 𝟎𝟓. 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

𝐍𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭

𝐍𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭. ¹

The silence between them was one that wasn't too comfortable for [name]'s liking. How the noises that were heard coming from the kitchen were solely just the sound of the knife against the chopping board.

The sound of the tap running as ingredients were being washed.

She slowly looked out from the corner of her eyes, where her light pink coloured ones laid upon his features. How his brown hair was slightly messy, and how his dark blue ocean eyes laid upon the chopping board before him.

She didn't utter a word as she returned to marinating the meat with sauces that she could find in the kitchen's cabinet. How there wasn't any exchange in conversation as the duo found it awkward to be in such a situation.

And Haizaki looked from the corner of his eyes, how [name] was struggling to grab hold of the soya sauce that was at the top cabinet. He walked over with ease, placing a hand onto her shoulder, did he pull her back gently as her back hit against his toned chest.

His other arm reaching out with ease as he grabbed hold of the bottle of soya sauce from the top cabinet and placed it down onto the table, where he returned to his work, not realizing the deep blush that was spread across [name]'s face.

She didn't think much as she struggled to open the soya sauce bottle, given how it was a new bottle and Haizaki let out a sigh, reaching out did he opened it with ease for her, and her light pink coloured eyes widened as he gently used his fingers and flicked her forehead.

"Ask for help," he mumbled out and [name] could only slowly nod her head in response, unsure of what to speak of as she could only continue with her task. Not realizing how Kai was standing by the entrance of the kitchen and watching what was going on with a smile on his face.

He was worried that Haizaki might end up being hostile to [name], but he realized that he was worried for nothing indeed as Haizaki continued to help out in the kitchen, occasionally muttering under his breath about how [name] wouldn't speak up and ask for help.

"What are you making?" Yaku's voice was heard and Kai watched as Yaku and Kuroo entered the kitchen, causing [name] and Haizaki turning to look at them. Haizaki didn't spare them a second glance as he continued with his work, whereas [name] was smiling widely.

"It's a surprise!" she spoke out with a smile, feeling some sort of relief that they had entered the kitchen as the tension between her and Haizaki was getting slightly overwhelming. Haizaki then let out a sigh then as he turned to look at Kuroo, who looked confused.

"If ya ain't gonna be helping out here, get out," Haizaki spoke out and Kuroo blinked his eyes a few times as he lifted Yaku by the back of his shirt, and gestured to him.