❣ 𝟎𝟖. 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 𝐅𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐥

𝐇𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧, 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐇𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐝𝐧'𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧, 𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐡𝐞𝐫. ¹

He wasn't sure when, yet, he didn't even realized it at all as his gaze continued to remain on her as she walked by him once again. They were all gathered in a huddle, split into groups, and [name] along with Yaku were in-charge of the entire event.

How he remembered he often would dread to participate in such events, but watching her smile and the way her light pink coloured eyes lit up as she listened to the ideas that were being suggested over and over again.

And he could only continue to watch as she walked through and fro the classroom, helping out as much as she could. Yet, her light pink coloured eyes laid upon him, and she couldn't help but smile in his presence, causing his dark blue ocean eyes to widen slightly.

"Damn that smile," he muttered under his breath as he averted his gaze, hoping that his face wasn't turning red as he looked at what his group was doing. Apparently he was stuck with decorations, given how he and Kuroo were quite tall, thus, being in the same team as Kuroo leaned against his side.

Trying his best to relax as they continued to listen to their team's leader about what sort of decorations they needed to get, and how they should place it around. And little did they know that [name] was feeling a little afraid then.

For she was afraid of balloons, and the theme they were going for their haunted house was going to be filled with balloons, given how they wanted to burst the balloons to scare whoever enters the maze.

And Haizaki shifted his gaze and body, watching as Kuroo ended up leaning against his chest instead as he looked at [name] who was fiddling with her fingers, looking rather afraid about what was going on as Yaku was holding onto what seems to be balloons that some of the students bought.

"E-Eh? Yeah, sure!" [name] called out, forcing herself to smile in response as Yaku was having a wide smile, clearly happy that he believes it was going to be a big hit for their class and they could eventually win the top prize.

"But, what's the top prize usually?" [name] asked as she wasn't sure what was going on. Back in her old high school, they didn't have prizes for winners, nor was it a competition. They only suggested to have a school carnival because they wanted to raise funds for the orphans.

"We get bonus money into our class charity! Which means we can have barbecue at the end of the school year to celebrate!" Yaku spoke out and [name] blinked her eyes a few times as she turned to look at her classmates.

How they all looked extremely eager to win the school festival's tournament.

"This is bad," someone spoke out as they entered the room and [name] turned to look, watching as the students walked up to her with their heads hung low, and [name] looked utterly confused then to what was happening.