❣ 𝟏𝟖. 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐬

His identity on the court was like a shadow

Mysterious and deceiving at times.

"Bokuto-san is in top form today," Kenma whispered out as he accepted the water bottle that [name] held out to him. He nodded his head and watched as Haizaki was allowed to have some orange slices to replenish his energy.

"Uh, yeah. We can all see that, bruh," Yamamoto spoke out and [name] elbowed him harshly in the stomach for the way he spoke, shaking her head did he lowered his head slightly in an apologetic manner.

"Yaku-san's in top form too," Kenma added on.

"Yep, you bet! Everything looks real clear to me today!" Yaku commented and Kenma turned to look at Haizaki who wasn't part of the discussion as he was stretching by himself while speaking to [name] about something.

"Bokuto-san is extra good with his line shots today and he is very aware of Yaku-san sitting on the cross," Kenma explained and motioned for Haizaki to come over which the older Nekoma player nodded his head as he ate another slice of orange and started to walk over.

"Maaan! When Bokuto's line shot is off, it's way off!" Kuroo commented as he hi-fived with Haizaki who stood next to Kai, leaning against him as he listened to what was going on.

"We have been setting our blocks to cut off the cross so far. Should we shift them to stuff the line instead?" Kai asked and Haizaki raised an eyebrow in response.

"Yeah, but... Bokuto-san doesn't always do this well with his line shots. Let's let him get nice and comfy with them first. Then we will have Akane-san going in to shut him off," Kenma pointed out and Haizaki rubbed the back of his neck a little.

"Actually... I'm really not on form today. So I will need some kind of back-up, alright?" Haizaki pointed out and Kuroo chuckled as he nudged him with a fist against his chest.

"Sure thing," Kuroo spoke with a smirk on his face and Haizaki chuckled, shrugging his shoulders as [name] came over with a worried look on her face.

"Should we switch up the game plan?" she asked as she brought out the board and presented what seems to be a new rotation. Their eyes widened whereas Lev was about to protest as to why he was on the bench, only for him to stop when Yaku looked at him.

"This gives Morisuke and Haizaki ample amount to rest," [name] pointed out as she started to pinpoint where and how they should go up against their opponents after she had watched the first set, she noticed something was a little off.

"Come on, we can do it!"

"Yeah!"

.
.

"Out!" Yamamoto called out when the ball was served out of the court. He then flashed a thumbs-up to Haizaki who came on the court after switching out with Yaku, where he stood at the front, with a soft smile on his face.