39. Neighbor

"I can't believe it!"

Padabog na nilagay ko ang bawat reports sa lamesa ko ngayon. The meeting has ended and as usual he was the star of the show! Ano pa nga ba ang magagawa ko. Hindi ko na rin maalis siya sa kompanya. And the worst thing about it? He is now moving his company in Italy! Damn it!

Mabilis ko lang din na kinain ang dalwang chocolates na nasa purse ko. Nakasanayan ko na ito. Ito ang nagsisilbing calming medicine ko. Ang kumain ng chocolate kapag stress ako sa trabaho.

What the hell? Sinadya ba 'to ni Daddy? Ni kuya Enrico? Nilang lahat? Pinaglalaruan 'ata nila ako! Dad knew it and they all knew this! That Ethan's father is Lachie Henderson! Damn it!

Kaya sa sobrang inis ko ay tinawagan ko na si Daddy ngayon. Ilang ring pa ito bago niya sinagot. Alam na niya siguro kung ano ang magiging reklamo ko.

"Dad? Ba't hindi mo sinabi, Dad?" Napamura pa ako sa telephone sa kanya.

"I know you'll be furious, hija. But I didn't accept him because of who he was to you and to Ethan. Magaling siya sa negosyo at alam kong magagamit ko siya ng husto. He knows how to build an empire in a quick span. Kaya kinuha ko ang kompanya nila, Faith," sa boung boses ni Daddy.

Napapikitmata na ako at nagkakagulo na ang takbo ng puso ko. Ang sarap sumigaw pero nagpipigil ako.

"Did the two of you meet? Amber told me that he holds the Island project there on our property with Tadeo."

I sighed heavily. "Yes, we did, Dad..."

"And did he see, Ethan?"

Natahimik ako sa tanong niya.

"Well, you don't have to tell me because I know what happened there, hija. I think he probably knew that Ethan is his son. They have the same features and I would say the same brain."

I rolled my eyes while listening to my father. I can't believe that his giving him credits after all! What's the point of asking me? If he already knows the answer. Nakakaloka ang ama ko!

"Dad, how long do I have to hold this project? I can't wait to be home, "reklamo ko.

"Bakit? Why? Is it because of Lachie? Don't be, hija. Where did the business mindset of my darling Faith? That's very unprofessional? And besides, hija, you are with Paul. Let me remind you of that. In the future, Ethan will soon know and will ask. Malalaman at malalaman ng bata ito. At ano? Ilalayo mo?"

"Dad. . ." padabog ko.

"Don't be, anak. I've been through that and it's like living in hell. Alam mo naman siguro ang nangyari sa akin 'di ba?" boung boses niya.

I swallowed hard while looking at the sky above me. Dad was a secret agent before, and he was on a dangerous mission. Iyong katumbas ng buhay mo ang misyon niya at natalo siya. They all want him gone. Ito lang din ang paraan noon para mabuhay si Lolo at Mommy. He chooses to end his life to save the people that he loves the most.

Hindi nga niya alam na buntis si Mommy noon kay Ate Fenella. Then he told us that for the past four years of his non-existence, he was looking at Mom and Fenella from afar. Wala siyang nagawa at hindi siya puwedeng magpakita. It's like living in hell while watching your loved ones grow to the thought that you're good as dead.

Until it was safe for him to return. Tito Avery Blumer has to change his identity and everything. He was no longer Logan Finn Turner-Mondragon because he is now Tim Smith.

"Dad-"

"Faith. . . I know how painful the past was for you, hija. And probably it is still more painful even now that Ethan is involved. As a father, learn to forgive, Faith. That's the only way you can be free and be happy. . . Mahal kita anak, mahal na mahal ko kayo ni Ethan. Ikaw pa rin ang nag-iisang baby ko. Te Amo. . ."