Chapter 6

The sorting hat said, "SLYTHERIN"

     The table on the very end with a green and silver flag above it started cheering. Alice, Lily, and Marlene gave me smiles as I walked to that table with my head up high. Mary gave me an uneasy look but still smiled, she was the shyest after all. When I sat down next to a pale girl with blue eyes and long blonde hair.

     "Hi, I'm Narcissa Black", she said. 

     "I'm-", I was saying until I was cut off by another pale girl with curly black-brown hair with hollow cheekbones.

     "Are you are pureblood", she sneered.

     I rolled my eyes and said, "Yes I am from an American pureblood family".

     "Sister you didn't need to ask that, we are in the same house", Narcissa said. 

     "Cissy", the mysterious black hair woman hissed, then turned to me, "Bellatrix Black, you'll be sharing a dorm with us, since you are a pureblood and someone I can tolerate, I will let you call me Bella".

     "Okay, I'm Thalia but I really don't have a nickname", I said unfazed by her rude attitude. 

     Bella just rolled her eyes.

      I looked at the Griffindor table to find James glaring my way. Sirius looked away and Remus smiled. Peter was just stuffing his face with sweet from the train.

     "Ignore her she's always like that unless you get to know the real her", Narcissa said. "And you can call me Cissy".

     "Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to remind you you are not allowed in the Forbidden Forest or using Invisibility Cloaks to sneak off the grounds", he said staring at James and his friends.

     "No wandering alone at night because Voldemort is at his highest power", Dumbledore finished as people started gasping and one even screamed.

     I rolled my said and said, "Amateurs, can't even deal with the name of the horrible dark lord".

     I realized I said this the same time as Bella who said, "Stupid mudbloods and blood-traitors and a mix of half-breeds".

     I laughed with her as she realized what she said but I was offended because I was a half-breed, half-god, and half-witch. The Potters were considered blood-traitors and Lily was a muggleborn. I have to find more information about Voldemort so I played along.

     During dinner, I learned more about Cissy and Bella. Bella warmed up to me. Narcissa is in an arranged marriage with Lucius Malfoy and Bella with Rodolphus Lestrange but she didn't love him like Cissy truly loved Lucius. Soon it was time for us to head back. On the way, we were met by Lily, Alice, Mars, and Mary.

     "Goodnight Thalia", Lily said.

     Before I could say goodnight back, Bella and Cissy pulled me away but I mouthed 'goodnight and sorry' to them.

     "Why were you talking to Mudblood Evan's", Bella said crossing her arms.

     "Because she is my friend, I can be friends with both of you guys", I said. 

     Narcissa was a year younger than I and Bella was a year older. They had another sister named Andromeda who was the same age as me but they said she was probably already in their dorm. Bella ignored me for the great of the way back to the common room. When we made it there it asked for the password.

     "Pureblood", Narcissa said.

     "Fine you can hang out with the mudbloods and blood-traitors and I'll keep your secret but you better not bring me along to your little parties", Bella said.

     Narcissa just stared at her in shock.

     "Thank you", I said hugging her. 

     Now it was her turn to be shocked. She quickly hugged me back. When I pulled back I was sure I saw a tear slip out but she quickly wiped it away. 

     "Are you crying", Narcissa said.

     "No", She said a little too quickly. 

     We glared at her.

     "It's just the only people who have ever hugged me were Cissy and sometimes Andy, our sister Andromeda, people are only my friend because I come from the richest pureblood family and have connections with the dark lord", Bella said.

     I smiled because I was able to get her to crack. "Don't worry I'm a real friend". I hugged her again.

     We headed to the dorms and they showed me my bed. Bella, Cissy, and I changed into our pajamas. I wanted to ask where Andy was but Bella beat me to it.

     "Where's Andy, she has been disappearing since last year and coming back late at night", Bella said.

     "Maybe she has a secret boyfriend", Narccisa said. 

     "Well she would be in big trouble because I heard mother and father were going to marry her off to Evans Rosier", Bella said.

     "Eww, isn't Evans Rosier our first-cousin on mother's side", Narcissa said.

     "I agree with her, eww", I said disgusted but my father did sleep with his sister Demeter and had a daughter Phosphone who was kidnapped by my father's brother Hades because he was in love with her. My whole family is messed up. 

     Bella was about to make a comment but then a girl with lighter hair them Bella's and warmer eyes.

     "Where the heck were you", Bella growled.

     "Let's not talk about that, I'm Andromeda but you can call me Andy", she said.

     "Thalia Olympus", I said.

     "Ooo, I love your last name, it reminds me of Greek Mythology", Andy said.

     "Er, thank you", I said, I had a feeling that out of the 3 Black sisters she would be the first one to find out my secret. 

     "Don't change the sub-", Bella started.

     "Goodnight", Narcissa yelled having enough of fighting for the day.

     I went under the covers as Andy turned the lights off. Bella just scowled and turned away from Andy's bed facing me. I was in the middle of Bella and Cissy. Andy and Cissy being at the ends. Bella mouthed 'goodnight', I was surprised but mouthed it back. My four-poster bed was so comfortable that I fell asleep immediately.