🖤~PART-1~🖤

Zoya's POV

The door bell rang and there stood a 6 feet tall strongly built person. Perhaps he might be a courier man as he was dressed in uniform and was holding a parcel.

'Yes', I asked.
'Ma'am, this is your courier', he replied and handed over to me.
'Thanks', I said by receiving it.
'Ma'am please sign here', he said and showed me the papers and then I signed it up. He took it back and left. I closed the door behind him and locked it properly as there was no one at home. I looked around the empty house with a sigh.

Actually currently I'm staying in a rented house with two of my friends, Mahi and Noor. The owner of the house doesn't live here as his workplace is in Srinagar. He is very nice and trusts upon us a lot.

Anyways I decided to unwrap the received parcel as I was sure it was for me as my name was mentioned on it's top.
I opened it and saw a chit on top of the gift.

It read "Happy birthday to the world's most elegant skinny girl- with love and regrets for not being there, yours Santa"

The chit made my day but the surprise was yet to be discovered.
I took out the present and unwrapped it.

What???..... A DOLL'S HOUSE with a BARBIE!!!!!
Wow!! I mean what a present. I mean I like barbies but it's just a mere likeness, I'm not a damn baby girl, urghh.

I kept the gift aside and dialed his number.

'Hey Skinny, birthday once again. How was the present? ', came his voice from the other end and he seemed to be in a jolly mood.
'Listen, I call you Santa but that doesn't mean I'm a baby girl and you would buy me such gifts. Really, a doll's house!!! ', I said with an unbelievable look.
'You haven't noticed the barbie yet? ', he asked doubtfully.
'Thanks for reminding. I saw it too', I replied by rolling my eyes over it.
'Isn't that lovely? It took me 3 kms to walk over each and every barbie store to buy that gorgeous for you', he said proudly.
'So much of labour for just a doll! ', I asked with complete astonishment.
'Barbie', he said annoyedly.
'Ok, barbie', I replied calmly. Oh man!
'I think you haven't saw it carefully. Just take it out and have a look at it. It's just like you. I mean those beautiful brown doe eyes, curvy lips, cute face and moreover it's skinny, just the way you are', he explained.

I observed it thoroughly and examined it's features. Well he was right. Nice choice buddy, I'm impressed.

'I think you are right. It looks like me. Not completely but perfectly. It seems like the barbie version of mine. Hey, thanks for the gift', I squealed cheerfully.
'See, I knew that before. You're most welcome Skinny', he said cheekily.
'You know what, I have gained enough weight. So stop calling me that', I sounded a bit annoyed.
'You know what, I have also loosed some weight and I'm regularly going to gym. Will you stop calling me Santa? ', he retorted back in a challenging tone.
'Maybe but I need to see you in person so that I could confirm myself cause I don't trust your words', I said truthfully.
'Me too. Well, where are you now? ', he asked changing the topic.
'At home', I gave my monotonous reply.
'Anyone's around? ', he asked again.
'No, Mahi is in her friend's place and Noor has gone to Mussoorie for spending her holidays, perhaps for two weeks', I sounded a bit gloomy.
'You know I'm missing you', he confessed.
'Really!!! Say it again', I was totally surprised.
'I'm serious. I'm missing you badly. I desperately want to hug you', he said truthfully.
'I'm missing you too Santa. I want to celebrate but there's no one around. I'm lonely', I said disappointed.
'Should I come over there? ', he asked with hope.
'Can you? ', I asked with equal intensity.
Just then the doorbell rang.
'Listen there's someone at the door. I would call you later. Ok. Bye', I said hurriedly.
'Fine, bye', he replied.