12~What Happened? Pt.2

Jerome's POV:

"Jerome.....Jerome.....Mr.Aceti....JEROME".

I threw my head up from the bed rail and immediately felt dizzy. I held my head with one hand and the other still intertwined with one of Mitch's. Making me smile then turn around to see the doctor.

"Yeah".

"I'm sorry Mr.Aceti, but you can't stay for another night. You have to go home. We have to do more tests and other things to see if he's gonna live and to see what happened"he mumbled.

"Oh"I whispered.

My eyes glossened a little. I promised myself that I'd stay by his side till he were to wake up. Well, I guess I either leave peacefully or get led out by force and to never come back in. So I kiss Mitch's knuckle and cheek when I stand from the bed. Folding the blanket that Adam put on my back last night and put it in the wooden closet. Before I left I turned around I looked the doctor straight in the eye.

"Please take care of him doc".

He smiled and nodded.

"I will do the best I can Jerome".

I smiled myself and went out the door. Going into the lobby and sighing. I sit down in one of the waiting chairs and I felt something trickle down my cheek. I wiped it away, knowing what it was. It's now only been a couple of seconds, but it's felt like hours. I jump from the chair and jog down the hallway and to his room. Looking in his room window, since the curtains were pulled apart and put both of my hands on the clean clear glass. I could see my reflection in the window and could see tears falling quickly down my cheeks, even though I couldn't really feel them. I saw the doctors reflection in the window, so it didn't startle me when he put a hand on my shoulder.

"You know we're trying our best. Right Jerome"he mumbled.

"I know"I whispered.

He nodded and patted my shoulder gently and softly. As if he touched me harder, I would break. I'm already broken, just not that way. I'm watching my lover, in a coma, on the edge of death from cancer, laying in a hospital bed in front of me with a breathing mask keeping him alive. I wipe my eyes and turn to him as he went moved his hand away and walked to Mitch's door and opening it a little. Almost looking like he didn't want me to see what was inside, even though I could inside from room window.

"Go home and get some rest Jerome. Visit tomorrow if you want to. I know you will. We'll do the best we can and we'll call you if even one little thing happens. Like if he smiles or something. Or if his stomach growls", the doctor laughed a little and I gave a warm small smile ,"Just get some rest. I bet your drowned in tiredness".

I nodded ,"Thanks. See you tomorrow I guess".

He nodded and went inside then shut the door. I watched as he closed the curtains and I heard the click on the door as he locked. I think he just didn't want me to see Mitch. I really don't wanna see him in this state, but I just really wanna see him. I sigh and give my head a slight shake from side to side and walk sluggish-ly down the hall and out the door. Into the car and to the house.
(Timeskipz~ In Bed While Looking At His Phone)
I smile and wipe my eyes. I was looking at pictures on my phone of me and Mitch. I just wanted to see his smile, his face right now to keep me comfy. Finally I found a picture that I took of him sleeping long ago, not creepy at all ,and place it on his pillow. I close my eyes, and try my best to go to sleep and to get tomorrow to come quickly. I wanted to see him first thing in the morning when I wake up. When visiting hours are open.
I groan as I hear the pillow vibrating and the bright screen on my phone. I sit up on my elbows, since I was laying on my stomach, and grab my small electronic device. My eyes widen and I sit up quickly while answering my phone.
(J) Hello?! What happened to him?!
(Dr) Jerome
(J) What happened?!
(Dr) Let me finish Mr.Aceti. I would like you to come to the hospital.
(J) WHAT HAPPENED!?
(Dr) Just come to the hospital.
(J) O-Okay.
(Dr) I'll see you in a minute then.
(J) O-Okay. B-Bye.
(Dr) Bye Jerome.

My eyes and cheeks were drenched in tears. I'm pretty sure my eyes were already bloodshot. D-Did.....did he....he wouldn't say anything. Is it that bad? I quickly jump from the bed. Throw on a plain grey t shirt and red sweatpants. I don't care if I look shitty. I run downstairs, grab my house and car keys and put my phone in my pocket then go into the car and drive off.
(Timeskipz~ At The Hospital)
I run through the automatic doors and look around to see Mitch's doctor in the narrow hallway. I jog to him and I was panting for breath since I ran far from parking far away in the humongous parking lot even though it was full. He put his hands on my shoulders and brung me into a tight hug. His own eyes were glossed over. Making me freak out.

"What's wrong? What happened?", when I got no answer but a continued stare at me through the eyes. I yell. Not even caring if I got glances or stares ,"WHAT HAPPENED"!?

He got behind me and put his hands on my shoulders from behind. He pushed me gently forward and I kept walking. Guiding me or not. He kept pushing me until I was in front of Mitch's window of his room. I look in and my eyes widen and glossened more then they even were before.

"MITCH"!