u cant fall in love with a criminal

I know nothing about law so just pretend this all makes sense lmao

Synopsis: Harry's a lawyer and Y/N's a suspect

"Harry, have you seen this?" James, one of Harry's associate lawyers, points to the TV in the staff room where people have gathered around to see the news being shown on the screen.

A small girl who looks no older than twenty appears on the screen. She has tears streaming down her pink cheeks as her hands are covered in the blood of her ex-boyfriend. In the description the title in bold reads: Jealous girlfriend murders boyfriend over affair.

"There isn't a day that goes by where I'm not surprised by this job." James snickers and takes a sip of his coffee.

Harry nods his head, his eyebrows furrowed as he looks at the girl being carried into the back of a police van with her hands in cuffs. He lets out a sigh and goes to grab lunch from the cafeteria.

Things were slow at Gregory and Hampshire law firm. Harry was the top lawyer at the firm and yet no cases were arising due to the mistake made by the firm in their previous law suit. It was a huge case that lasted a period of eight months and was covered by the local newspaper with daily updates. A man was accused of murdering five women over the span of two weeks and Harry was asked to be the prosecutor during the case.

He thought everything would work out the way it was suppose as there was too much evidence for him not to go to prison but a witness came forward with evidence saying the evidence for the case had been tampered with so the case was dismissed for Harry and was taken on by their opposing law firm.

His love for law was slowly fading due to the constant cases where a woman would want to divorce her husband or a shopkeeper would complain over a petty thief. He hoped for something much bigger than what he was getting when he signed up for all those years of law school.

"Hey Harry." Flix, one of the associate lawyers sits down next to Harry as he drinks some of his coffee. Flix was fairly new and not the best lawyer in the business. Harry had been asked to mentor her in her first few days of her being at the firm and disliked every second of it, he really wasn't a people person.

"Flix." He grumbles, taking a sip of his coffee.

"How's your day going so far?" She asks, trying to make conversation.

"Same old, same old." He tries to crack a smile but instead it comes across a bit sarcastic.

"I hear the firm has been asked to take on the jealous ex-girlfriend case." Flix says, Harry laughing at the idea.

"Good luck with that." Harry scoffs, sitting back in his chair.

"What makes you say that?" Flix questions.

"I'm guessing we've been asked to be on the defence?" Flix nods, "of course." Harry mutters, "I've read about how they found the body. Whether she's guilty or not, there's enough evidence for the prosecution to make the people believe she did it. Whatever happens with the case, her life is ruined from now on. Everyone will see her as the jealous ex-girlfriend who murdered her boyfriend."

"That's quite a bleak way of looking at it." Flix looks conflicted, "well I don't believe she had anything to do with it and that's from reading the evidence in the papers."

Harry is about to respond but both lawyers turn as their names are called by their boss, "Come to my office." He orders.

Harry looks to Flix who looks back at him and shrugs her shoulders. They both walk to his office and sit down across from him. "As you know the firm has been ask to defend the recent accusations made by a girl who has supposedly murdered her boyfriend." He takes out two envelopes and hands them over to Flix and Harry, "I would like both of you to take on the case."