is this your candy bucket?

Synopsis: Y/N takes her daughter out trick or treating and meets Harry and his little boy

Y/N was thirty two and already divorced. She had been with her former partner for just two years and the whole process was rushed all because they were in love. Y/N was pregnant six months after they were married and a year later, received a letter of divorce after he ran away with his boss to a whole other country.

It wasn't the happiest time of her life but she still had her little girl, Maxine, who had just turned three. Y/N spent her time working and being a single mother to her daughter and it was all okay. 

Except sometimes it could be awfully lonely. 

During her relationship, she lost many friends after being so focused on him so every night she spent it with Maxine, laying on the couch and watching cartoons until she fell asleep. 

Today was October 31st and Y/N planned on taking Maxine out trick or treating for her very first time. She was dressed in a little spider costume that Y/N had made herself since the costumes at the store were way too expensive for her taste.

Y/N was dressed as Maxine's favorite Disney princess, Sleeping Beauty. It made Maxine smile every time her mother would walk over to her in her pink dress and fake tiara. "Maama!" Maxine cheered, a huge grin on her face.

"Hi my Maxine," Y/N smiled, picking up her little girl and smothering her in kisses, "Is my little spider ready to go trick or treating?" 

"Okay Mama." Maxine said, taking her mum's hand and walking over to the door.

Y/N grabbed her little backpack which was filled with mostly Maxine's things and bought her candy bucket, picking up her little girl and locking the door of their house. 

Maxine got a little scared of some of the costumes that people were wearing but soon couldn't care less as she got more and more candy in her bucket. There was a neighborhood where mostly friendly families lived which was where Y/N planned on ending their trick or treating mission. 

Maxine was running around holding her bucket in both her tiny hands. The spider legs sticking out of her costume were jiggling about as she bounced around excitedly, searching for more doors to knock on. 

Y/N's eyes widen as Maxine trips over her own feet. Maxine was pretty use to falling over since she was such a clumsy baby but Y/N rushed over nonetheless. "Oh baby, are you okay?" She cupped her daughter's cheeks and checked her over, looking out for any scratches. 

Y/N kissed her forehead and looked over at her bucket of candy that was splayed out on the ground. As she was about to pick it up, a hand beat her to it, "Is this your candy bucket?" A tiny voice asked and Y/N looked up to see a little boy with brown curls and big, green eyes.

"Yes, well actually it's my little girl's." Y/N smiled at the boy.

"Oliver!" Y/N hears another voice and rushes to pick up the last of the candy that was on the floor. "I'm so sorry, he can go a little crazy when candy's involved."

Y/N shakes her head and moves her hair out of her eyes, tucking it behind her ear. "N-no it's-" Y/N forgets her place when she looks up at the man who's smiling back at her. His eyes were a similar shade of green to the little boy who was now holding onto his hand. "It's fine." Y/N mumbles, feeling all flustered. 

"My name's Harry by the way, this is my son Oliver." He introduces, intrigued by the woman who was blushing and stumbling over her own words. "And who is this little spider?" He smiles at Maxine who was hiding her face in her mother's neck.