don't wanna cry 'cause i can't stand the sound

A very quick blurb inspired by the video above which is my new favourite thing and I love it soo much and really recommend you watch it.

Synopsis: You're heartbroken and he's gone.

It's the night of the Brits and Y/N's stood in front of the mirror staring at her appearance. A beautiful emerald green dress adorns her body and compliments her brown hair which is styled into loose curls running her back. Her makeup is simple since she's never one to go to over the top with it. She runs her hands down her body and tries to steady her breathing.

 She was nominated for upcoming female artist and she was tempted to decline the invitation and just send a video if she were to win the award, but it was her first big award show and she'd be a fool to pass it up, especially with how hard she had worked on writing and producing her new album with a few close friends of hers. 

Her brain was working a mile a minute and she tried everything to calm her nerves. She was nervous about what she would say if she were to win. She was told by many people preparing speeches was a bad luck charm so it was better to make things up but words always seemed to rebel her and she just couldn't think of the right things to say at the right time.

She was nervous about performing. She couldn't bear to slip up, especially in front of all the A-list celebrities that would be there watching. She had been to the BRITs before, not for herself but for someone else, and it was a relaxing time but now she was facing completely different circumstances. 

But out of everything she was panicking about seeing him again. 

She hadn't seen him in a year and within that year he had released an album which revealed small thins about their relationship and how heartbroken he was after it. She had received a lot of hate from his loyal fans and expected it to come when she heard his sweet lyrics herself. In fact, she heard the music way before anyone else did. 

He had texted her during the summer when the album had just finished up and asked if he could get her permission on a few of the songs. She smiled at that because as much as she wanted to hate him, it was his kind-hearted nature that made the small spurts of hatred go away. 

He sent her a CD with all of the songs on there and she ran up to her room in the house her and her friends were staying in during the making of her album. She locked the doors and shut all the windows and curtains, putting on her purple room lights and plugging in a CD player. She listened to the music and the sound of his soothing voice that she missed so much and then she listened to it again and again and again. The lyrics and the music and the tones made her heart throb.

But she never cried and she didn't know why.

She's snapped out of her memory bank by the sound of someone knocking on her door. "You ready?" She sees her assistant, Melody, peak her head around the door. Y/N nods and looks down at her shaking hands, putting them into fists and digging her nails into her palm as she walks out of her dressing room.

First was the red carpet, she was on it for less than twenty minutes with people yelling her name and asking her to turn one way and then the other. She still didn't see him though for which she was thankful for. Then she was sat down at her table with her close friends who she had invited and soon the ceremony started with Mabel opening the show. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Harry Styles."

Then she saw him. She watched as he walked onto his set and couldn't keep her eyes off of him as he began to sing the lyrics to the song that broke her heart in two. She couldn't help but feel angry at him because the song made her feel like it was all her fault that he was hurting. 

She wasn't good at showing her emotions. The press had made it seem like she had moved on as soon as he walked out of their shared apartment in London. They made it seem like it was her that had run out of things to say. They made it seem like she never needed him again.

When in reality she needed him more than anything in this world because she was falling just as hard as he was.

When the song was over she felt like she couldn't breathe. She looked up when she saw someone talking to her but couldn't hear a word they were saying until the sound of her own heart disappeared and the sound came back. "Y/N it's time to get ready for your performance." The man smiles and she nods, standing up and ignoring the slight dizziness she felt.

As she walked backstage she was lead to the dressing room by her security guard. She got into her performance outfit and admired the way the dress hugged her curves. She was going to sing a song called 'a lifetime of longing' and it was the most personal song she had on her new album.

"You're on in five, Y/N." The man shouts from outside. She takes one last glance in the mirror before walking out of her dressing room and following the security guard to the back of the stage. 

Suddenly, she comes into contact with another body, "Oh sorry about that." She hears the voice that makes her heart stop and her mouth dry. She looks up and her brown eyes meet the mesmerising green ones she had grown accustomed to looking at for the three years they had been together. 

"It's okay." She smiles and walks away from him. 

And as the countdown to her performance begins, she lets her tears fall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I felt my heart crack a little writing this.