Chapter 48: An Old Foe

Happy Holidays To All My Lovely Readers! ♥️

.

.

.
"N-n-noo wait! I'm not ready!"

"Oh yes you are!"

"Xander don't! I swear if you wet me!"

"Haha got you Mommy!" Water dripped from my face down to my tank top while both Natasha and Lance laughed out loud. The entire time I was trying to hide from Xander that I didn't notice that menace of Lance would be the one soaking me wet.

It was a nice sunny day outside and we all decided to play water balloons. Lea was getting chased by Josh and Natasha was being cornered by Peter. Little Lily cheered from afar while getting fed by Aria. It was no doubt a wonderful afternoon.

Xander Riley. I couldn't have pictured myself having feelings for anyone else anymore until he came along. It took him months to finally get to me. Lance had also approved of him. He was sure a tough cookie to break but Xander was such a sweetheart and a complete jokester that Lance ended up accepting him.

Everyday after the first time I accepted to go to the theaters with Xander. He would swing by with either Roses and chocolates or send short cute quotes inside envelopes. He became good friends with Josh when Lea got sick one day and he happened to attend her at the Hospital.

So even when I ignored him he managed to see me around constantly coming over to 'hang out' with Josh. I had to admit seeing him didn't bother me one bit but a girl had to pretend. Until the day where I almost lost Lance. The day I try to forget but still haunts me at night.

It was a cold stormy day and everyone had gone out to drink. I stayed behind to babysit at least that was the excuse I put. Earlier that day Lance had come up to me with several rose petals and threw them on top of me. Visions of when I use to do that to Josh using confetti paper while Cedric watched from a distance flashed in my mind.

I couldn't avoid it. Tears streamed down my cheeks and the feeling of missing something grew inside me. It killed my entire day. Though I decided not to share it with the girls. I had made up my mind the day my both twins were born that his name wouldn't be mentioned ever again. I had to keep my word. Even though my lips never again spoke his name my mind thought of him constantly. 

While it rained pretty heavy outside I tried keeping the kids minds off the frightening lightning that kept shedding light inside the house. I took out a movie and played it for them while I sat in between Natty and Pete. Little Lily was peacefully sleeping something I admired about her. No matter what was going on around her she always took her sleep unbothered.

My little boy Lance was stretched out on the floor laying on his belly while eating popcorn. Gosh he looked so cute in his Scooby-doo onesie. I wasn't sure when or how I ended up closing my eyes and dazing off to sleep.

Suddenly I heard the door slam shut and jumped up startled of the sudden loud noise. Desperately looking for the kids I noticed only Lily remained sleeping but the others were gone. I immediately got up and ran towards their bedrooms but didn't find them. Calling out their names while I ran everywhere inside the house I began to feel like I was going crazy.

So I called Xander even when I had acted as if I was above him every time he came to see Josh. I had no other choice but to bother him. I didn't want to alarm the others just yet. It took him less than thirty minutes to arrive. Something that frightened me. It only meant he had driven fast enough that he could've gotten into an accident with this stormy weather.