Chapter 43: A Deal With The Devil

Several days had gone by and I continued to live on without Cedric

Several days had gone by and I continued to live on without Cedric. It had never crossed my mind to have fallen so deeply in love with a man who I hated so much back then. Back in those years where just a simple glance of his irritated my soul. Where just a simple touch of his turned my stomach nauseous.

How things have changed. How much we have changed.

If only I could go back and fix everything. I would still have Daddy by my side and Cedric wouldn't despise me. I felt so alone even when both Aria and Josh were always around. It still wasn't enough. I needed Cedric now more than ever.

It was as if my baby knew what was going on and inside me we both shared the deep sorrow and emptiness his father left behind.

"Let's go to the park Jade..Some distraction will do you good"

"Sure...Why not.."

"By the way...I Um...Didn't want to be the one to give you this but sooner or later you'll have to read it"

She handed me a yellow envelope I knew exactly what it was. Not wanting to open it just yet I decided to put it inside my drawer and walked out of my bedroom.
.

.
The day was pretty sunny and warm. There was plenty of couples enjoying the beautiful day. As they sat down together watching their children play by the swings and slides. Aria placed a blanket on the grass and offered me a small bowl of grapes.

"Soon your little kiddo will be running around here too..Aren't you excited?"

"Of course I am.."

"Well you don't seem too happy..Cmon sweetie cheer up..With Cedric or without him..You'll do just fine..Your child will have me and his uncle Josh and Auntie Lea..He'll be fine"

"I know Aria but he has a Father too..One that doesn't want to know anything about him"

"Honey-" Before she could continue on her phone rang interrupting our talk. "It's Jason let me answer" She said while picking up her phone. I rolled my eyes and turned away not wanting to even hear his name. Jason was still Landon's right hand and therefore my enemy.

Taking a bite from a grape Aria suddenly dropped the other half onto the blanket. I looked at her concerned face expression as she looked at me with worry. Whatever he was telling her on the other line wasn't good news and I was beginning to get a bad feeling.

"Okay thank you Jason.." She ended the call and gave me a doubtful stare. As if debating on whether she should share the news with me or not.

"What happened? Everything okay?"

"Well....I don't know how to tell you this..Oh gosh...It seems like the universe just wants to continue punishing you"

"Aria you're scaring me! What's going on? Is Cedric okay? Is it about him!?"