Chapter 31: Truth & Lies

"I have told you many times before..You're mine Jade..You will always belong to me!"

"N-no! Stop it! Let me go!"

"Why can't you just accept it? Nobody will ever love you the way I do!"

"I will never love you! Get that through your head!"

"Is that so? Why are you thinking about me right now then?"

"W-what?..."

"While taking your last breath..I was the one you thought about"

"N-no..Y-you're wrong!"

"Am I?..Then why don't you open those beautiful eyes..I'll tell you why..Because you know I won't be there once you do"

"It's not true!! I don't love you!" I woke up frantically shouting and out of breath

"It's not true!! I don't love you!" I woke up frantically shouting and out of breath. I looked around and noticed I was laying on-top of a comfy small bed inside what seemed to be a cottage. The only thing I had on was a white dressing shirt that was too big to be mine. Suddenly the door opened wide and Landon walked in holding a couple of mini birch logs.

"You're finally awake"

"Um..What happened to my clothe?" I nervously asked as I noticed he was wearing a plain muscle shirt. He answered back while he threw the logs inside the fireplace.

"If I hadn't found you on time you would've drowned..You were completely wet and ice cold..I took my shirt off and put it on you"

"S-so you changed me?" I asked trying to clear my throat from his unexpected response. "You'd rather die of a fever? It's me you're talking too Jade. I wouldn't do anything to you. Especially unconscious".

I felt my cheeks blush in embarrassment as the thought of him seeing me completely naked crossed my mind. "Were you able to find help?" I asked while trying hard not to lose balance as I stood up. However I felt my legs shake and my entire body weakening. I tried grabbing onto a small wooden table but I lost balance and almost fell.

"You need bed rest. Stay put" Landon said while holding me by the waist completely breaking my fall. We stood still for a split second just gazing into each other's eyes. There we were again so near and this time we were all alone. The second felt like a sweet lifetime to me but meant nothing to him as he immediately drifted his gaze onto the bed and laid me back down.

"I thought you hated me"

"Saving your life has nothing to do with how I feel about you. Don't get confused"

"So you hate me but you rather have me alive so you can torture me?"

"This night will end sooner if we just keep to ourselves and not say another word"