Chapter 40: Bleeding Hearts (pt.1)

As soon as we arrived there were people already gathering outside and others walking inside the Banquet Hall

As soon as we arrived there were people already gathering outside and others walking inside the Banquet Hall. Many beautiful women dressed in elegant dresses and men looking handsomely charming. There was no doubt that a lot of important people were attending Landon's pre-show of our project.

I just wondered why he didn't address it with us first before deciding to organize such an unexpected event. "Look my Father Josh and Lea are sitting over there. Let's go with them" "You go my love..I need to make a call right now".

He gave me a kiss on the forehead then stepped outside. I raised an eyebrow of suspicion but decided to give him privacy and go greet my family instead.
.
.
*Outside Banquet Hall*

"Can you hear me good?"

"Yes I'm just losing a bit of signal..So make it quick what is it Chase?"

"It seems like someone is trying to take a hit at the Company's financials..I'm not sure what movements have been made yet or by who but I can tell you this much Cedric...It's not looking good"

"Search every employee's files that work in my Company. Also be extra cautious about Landon Roman..He can't find out"

"Sure thing. By the way I will be stopping by your home to drop off some paper work. Will you be there?"

"No..I'm assisting some stupid pre-show over the project..Just drop it off with one of the guards..I'll look into them when I arrive"

"Okay sounds good.."

"By the way Chase...Congratulate me..I'm going to be a Father"

"What!? Oh buddy I'm so happy for you guys! I know how much this means to you!"

"Yeah I'm very fortunate"
.
.
*Back Inside The Banquet Hall*

"You look so gorgeous Lea! You're showing tummy!"

"Thank you Jade..I'm very lucky to have your brother in my life..I couldn't be happier"

Josh hugged Lea sweetly while she gazed up at him with loving eyes. I was so happy for my Brother but I felt bad over Britney. Here we were all untied as a happy family while she was locked up in a Psych Ward. If only she had chosen another path maybe she too could've found her happiness.

"Hey cheer up Sis..Brit will be okay.." Josh said as he hugged me. He always knew what bothered me without me having to say it. That's why Josh and I were always a lot more closer since we were young. He was my solid rock my confidant and best friend.

"Here let's cheer for a new beginning and great success over this project"

He gave me a glass of champagne while Lea and my Father stood up to join us. They all drank their glass and then shifted their look at me once they saw that I didn't drink mine.