CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE(past)

(
past)

" HARLOW I NEED YOUR HELP." dick announced coming in harlows room. the brunette looked up from her book, her reading glasses was almost falling off of her face. harlow raised an eyebrow at the stressed hero, hoping he wasnt in danger. most days dick wouldn't barge in the girls room unless he was in trouble.

"what's up richard?" she asked as he sat down next to her. dick grabbed her hand making harlow see what was going on, she was shocked at first, trying to pull away. her eyes rolled to the back of her head, falling in the brunettes arms as she saw the man who killed dicks parents show up. flashes and words were going through her mind as harlow shot back up. "what the fuck?"

"you think!" he exclaimed making harlow jump back, "sorry." harlow nodded as she kissed dicks forehead. she rubbed his thumb seeing how stressed he was. "he murdered my parents and they are setting him free!" his voice cracked at parents making harlow rub his back, " tonight they are taking him-"

"you're not thinking..." dick stayed silent, "dick when you murder someone, it stays with you forever. i know he killed your parents and i would kill to figure out who killed mine but you..." she trailed off, "what do you want me to do?" harlow needed to be there for dick no matter what, she didnt know who killed her parents but dick did, and she wanted that bastard to rot in jail for what he did to dick.

dick looked at her with tears in his eyes, " i don't know. i wanted to see if you had any better ideas." he chuckled softly seeing harlow frown, her eyes scanning the room with a sigh. she wished she did, but killing him would be her best option. 

"you think i have ideas?" harlow asked with a small smile, dick put his head on her shoulder as she ran her hand up and down his arm. "go for it. i'll be here all night d."

hours passed and dick walked back into harlows apartment, she sat on the counter eating potato chips, and watched her college essay instruction. she looked up seeing the face of dick and threw her computer on the couch. she walked up to him running her hands along his face, "he's dead." dick said as he grabbed her hand.

harlow gave him a small smile, "it'll be ok, d." dick sighed as he sat down on the stool. "do you feel anything?"

"no." he admitted, "i feel nothing. i watched him die, he called out to me but i let him die. i killed him." harlow sat down next to him, "are you supposed to feel nothing?"

"it's different for everyone d. i feel nothing because i know they are bad people who do bad things." harlow explained seeing dick look at the ground, his eyes were starting to close from exhaustion. "here." she helped him up, he leaned on her sighing. she brought him to her room, she laid him on her bed. he smiled softly at her as she climbed in, "you need sleep."

dick grabbed harlow pulling her in, she laid her head against his chest. she wrapped her arms around his body, rubbing his back, "it'll be ok d, i'm right here by your side." she said as he shut his eyes, falling asleep quickly. harlow smiled as she shut her eyes.