CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

HARLOW STOOD IN THE HALLWAY, she heard voices talking down it getting closer and closer. harlow tapped on garth's shoulder as they passed by, making him turn around quickly with a defensive stance. garth and harlow did this all the time to each other when they were younger, playing small pranks on each other, scaring each other. it was their thing. 

"stop always scaring me!" garth scolded making dick turn around to see his girlfriend in his hoodie. harlow watched garth walk away, sending her a middle finger behind harlow's boyfriend's back, she sent a smile towards him before following dick into the 

"it looks good on me." harlow replied as she sat down on the desk. all of a sudden donna walked in, the two looking back. "I bet your ears are burning." dick and harlow stated looking at the brunette friend who friend. 

" I know." she replied, "I saw garth leaving." she sat down next to harlow, wrapping her arm around her best friend who leaned on donna's shoulder in response. dick looked at the two, spinning in his chair. 

"even if I was at liberty to tell you what that was about, which I'm not, I'm pretty sure its nothing you don't already know." dick replied, donna chuckled in response. harlow noticed something was wrong, she felt it. donna was upset about something. 

"we need to talk." donna sighed making harlow look at her, taking her head off of donna's shoulder. donna didnt look at either of them, struggling to figure out what to say. 

"he's right down the hall." dick replied.

"you two and i." donna corrected which made harlow sigh, she bit her lip in confusion, "I went to see jillian about my time here." harlow never liked that woman, she was too annoying. julian didnt like harlow either, the two wouldn't say hi to each other whenever donna came or left. 

"again?" harlow asked quietly. "I thought she said you could like explore your independence. she sanctioned it."

"what Jillian giveth, Jillian taketh away." donna replied which made harlow let out a scoff, seriously? dick was thinking the same thing. harlow tapped her finger on her leg, donna pulled her friend in for a side hug. 

"she's pulling you?" he asked.

donna nodded, "she changed her mind. I need to go back to themyscira."

"when?" harlow asked as she took a breath. 

"tonight." donna replied making the couple scoff. harlow ran a hand through her hair, this was absolutely dumb.

"bullshit." dick exclaimed, "you need more time here, do you want me to talk to her?"

"no, you can't talk her out of this. she's thought it through and this is how it has to be." donna replied as harlow stood up angrily. this was absurd. donna could feel the anger coming off of harlow, after all donna just got back  and now she was leaving. 

"that little bitch." harlow mumbled under her breath. "you need to tell garth."

" I know. I just need to find the right moment." donna replied as she looked at her stressed friend. "hey. its gonna be alright."

"I want to murder everyone on the planet right now." harlow replied with a small grin. she looked at her, "so I guess this is-"

"oh, don't. me and you guys, no goodbyes." harlow sighed, as donna gave her a look. all of a sudden a alarm beeped, which made the three look at the screen. "you got a hit. the U.S military?"

"jacobs activator was for a laser that was developed to take down nuclear missiles." dick read making harlow go wide eyed. so if we got shot by it, we're dead, great, harlow thought.

the seven titans suited up, well ellie sat this one out since she had college in the morning. sabrina wanted to go, she was dressed in her suit before anyone else. harlow swung her sword around, the suit going on her body, sabrina smirked as harlow bowed sarcastically. then harlow strapped knifes to her calf, and put her swords on her back.

the titans walked down the hall, sabrina in front, then donna and dawn, then hank and garth. in the back was dick and harlow, who still seemed off to everyone. "new intel on the military cargo shipment. they're loading up at 2100." sabrina explained as she looked at her wristband.

"great. just what we need, less time." hank said sarcastically.

"if dr. light gets his hands on that laser he'll be like a walking nuclear bomb." dick stated as he looked over at harlow. she stared ahead, her mouth shut. maybe she knew who died, maybe she wasnt going to tell anyone. dick would never know, but he did know that harlow was stressed out because of something.

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

OF COURSE, OUT OF ALL THE BUILDINGS IN THE WORLD IT HAD TO WAREHOUSES.  dick zip lined in, harlow flew down next to him. harlow grabbed the thing in the laser, she broke it in half as dr. light looked at them. donna spun her rope around but dr. light grabbed it and threw her at dick and harlow. the three fell back, harlow smacked her head on the pavement. he sent two blasts at them, one of which actually hit harlows leg. dick grabbed her and pulled her behind a crate.

"fuck." harlow winced as dick looked at her leg.

"inside we're under fire!" dick yelled in the coms, then he looked at harlow who was banging her head lightly on the crate to distract herself from the pain. "he got the laser! we need backup." dr. light kept shooting at them, then garth jumped in front of them.

"garth no!" harlow yelled.

"should've sang to me on the birthday." garth replied, "might've been your last chance." harlow fell back in pain, her eyes started to close. dr. light shot a blast at garth, who easily dodged it. then he sent at laser at garth who stuck his hands up. the three titans looked at each other with concern.

"hank, dawn, sab, flank him." dick said in the coms. "now!" he screamed as donna and him did their thing. sabrina appeared in front of harlow, she looked at harlow who was loosing blood fast.

"jesus christ, why do you almost die every time i come on missions." she stated sarcastically, sitting next to harlow. the brunette's eyes began to close, the pain filling her whole body which made sabrina go wide eyed, "please don't die, i don't want to dress up for your funeral." harlow scrunched up her face angrily at sabrina who gave a fake smile. harlow's eyes finally shut, "guys! assistance here, harlow's gonna die." hank ran over to the two, looking at harlow's leg which made him cringe. 

the two titans carried harlow out of the warehouse, she was passed out by then. the other titans dealt with dr. light, as ellie came to teleport harlow back. "harlow can you not get hurt." ellie mumbled as harlow opened her eyes again. she gave her a small smirk, "ill call Leo. he's in town."

brynn speaks|

UGH NEXT CHAPTER  IS GONNA BREAK MY LITTLE HEART.