CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINEohio

CHAPTER NINE
ohio

rewritten

ELLIE HOPKINS HAD A COMPLICATED FAMILY RELATIONSHIP. her father was a  psychopath, rapist, murderer. her mother was dead right after her father disappeared, never to come back. ellie's brother leonardo ran away from home at 20, but still talked with ellie and hung out with her. 

when she saw leonardo at the same skating rink she was at, ellie couldn't believe it. she believed he was dead ever since the 'accident', which no one in the hopkins family talked about. ellie never even called her brother again since the accident, but he was alive! he stood next to a blonde girl, the two laughing as he pulled her back up.

"leo?" ellie asked, almost yelling at the brunette. leo looked up, a big smile was formed on his face as he skated over to ellie. the blonde followed, her eyebrow raised as she looked at ellie. "holy shit!"

"no fucking way!" leonardo said as he hugged his sister, the hug was protective, even if he was younger by three years leo made sure his sister was safe. he wrapped his arms around her shoulders, "you're alive?!" 

ellie giggled, "nice to see you too." leo let go of his sister, then looked at the blonde, "i'm ellie." the blonde smiled a little bit, but was sketchy to shake ellie's hand. usually people would like ellie when they first meet, but the blonde probably didn't like her. 

"ally. leo's girlfriend." the blonde said after shaking ellie's hand, "are you his sister?" ellie nodded slowly, a frown going on her face. leo didn't even tell ally he had a sister? yes ellie believed leo was dead and never actually tried to contact him. harlow told her millions of times he was alive, but apparently it wasn't real.

harlow and leonardo were actually close friends. it would seem unusual for them to be friends, but harlow looked at leo like a younger brother. the age difference was odd, 5 years apart but harlow still talked to him. she acted like leo was her younger brother, since her brother died as soon as he was born when harlow was 7. harlow would talk to him about girls, stuff going on in his life, and just check up on him.

ellie looked at the couple, "so how long were you two together?" she looked at them holding hands, flashes of dick and harlow went through her mind. they were the clingy couple, every chance they got they would hold hands. it was symbol that harlow was dick's and dick's only. 

"two years." leo replied with a small smile as ally grabbed ellie's hand. "what are you-"

"lets race." 

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

DICK PULLED INTO THE ARCADE, LOOKING OVER AT HARLOW WHO WAS ASLEEP. her earbuds were in and she leaned on the door, her pillow as her headrest. he glanced over at her, noticing small scars around her neck, bruises on her face from the nights before. dick shut his eyes, it was all his fault. 

he slowly shook harlow, the woman opening her eyes slowly. she didn't jump like she used to when other people woke her up, she knew dick's touch. it was in the back of her mind, how he would touch her not to make her afraid or jump. harlow glanced over at him, yawning and wiping the drool from her chin.

"where are we?" she asked looking at her surroundings, cars were all around them, people laughing as they walked out of the building. she tried to read the sign but failed, "an arcade?" 

"a roller rink i guess." dick replied with a shrug, he unbuckled looking at harlow who fixed her hair quickly. he clenched his jaw slightly, but opened his door. "are you coming?"

harlow scoffed, "jesus christ." she opened the car door quickly, almost colliding with the truck next to them. harlow hated feeling angry all the time, she wanted to be happy again. she wanted to be with her family, her real family, in central city. she wanted to be with her father, who was rough at times but he loved her, walking on the beach all night. 

the two walked into the roller rink, harlow fiddling with her thumb ring nervously. dick obviously noticed, it took courage not to grab her hand and tell her its okay. it took strength not to do it, he fought hard against his heart which broke it even more than it already was. 

 "excuse me?" dick asked as harlow looked for ellie around the rink. she really hoped ellie was okay, even if she was supposed to hate her. yes ellie hopkins was a pain at times but harlow loved her... like a sister.  "hey."

the lady turned around, " we gotta talk to you." harlow said with small confidence, the lady looked the two up and down, a small glare on her face. harlow had to admit, the lady was a beauty. the only time harlow ever kissed a girl was the night she doesn't speak about, or the woman.

"yeah, take a number." the lady responded making harlow sigh, rubbing her eye. this might end badly, who knows. she turned back around which made harlow snort at dicks glare, he was trying to keep it cool. harlow could tell.

"about rachel and ellie." dick said and the lady turned around slowly. harlow stepped back knowing that wasn't a good sign, when people turn around slowly it doesn't end well. dick glanced over at harlow noticing small scars on her wrists, his face went pale knowing what they were from but stayed calm. he didn't want a scene.

"you're dick from detriot, and harlow." kory said her voice meaner towards dick then harlow. harlow nodded slowly from next to dick, a small smile on her face basically saying 'yeah lady.' there was a scream making harlow turn around quickly, then she realized it was a playful scream. the woman ran a hand through her hair, the screams of all the innocent people dying filled her mind.

"where are they?" harlow asked turning back around. kory looked over at the rink then a machine. "ill get ellie you get rachel." harlow said before walking away leaving dick who wasn't going to argue. ellie was standing next to a brunette and blonde, a wide smile on her face as she playfully hit the boy. "ellie?"

harlow felt her heart stop as she looked at the brunette was. she felt her air cut out seeing him. harlow believed he was dead, even if she knew he wasn't. he smiled as harlow jogged over to them, "harlow violet. still alive i see." leo joked as harlow felt out a playful scoff, she shook her head with a small smile. 

"shut the fuck up." harlow replied before he pulled her in for a hug. harlow wrapped her arms around his body, laughing a tiny bit. she was surprised she laughed, harlow hasn't done it in a few months. she forgot what it sounded like. "i missed you."

"i missed you too." leo responded letting go of harlow, who looked at ally with a small smile. "ally, meet harlow. harlow meet ally, my girlfriend." harlow smirked at leo, surprised he finally got a girlfriend. ally shook hands with harlow, the two smiling at each other. "is that richard grayson?"

"oh fuck." harlow said turning around to see him standing there looking at them. "ellie we have to go." ellie frowned but agreed, she would definitely call leo later. the two said goodbye, then walked over to dick, "what?" harlow snapped before shoving past him. ellie shook her head, this wasn't going to end well.