PROLOGUE

GRIEF WAS SOMETHING EVERYONE WAS DEALING WITH. whether it was your mother, father, siblings, dog, cat, fish, the neighbor that you barely knew. everyone would experience grief in their life, they just never know when exactly. it could be in a decade, year, month, week, day, minute, but grief will happen.

ellie hopkins could never deal with grief, she never understood why good people had to die. she never understood why people had to die, why couldn't they be immortal and no one would have to hurt. she lost so many people in her life, she couldn't imagine what life would be like without harlow violet.

harlow was there for ellie in ways no one could imagine. harlow was the whole reason ellie came into the titans, she was the reason ellie was standing in the titans tower. harlow was there for everyone, yet no one was there for her. ellie tried for years becoming harlows best friend, she tried being there for the woman through all the grief. but now, harlow wasn't here to deal with the grief with.

she was dead. dead forever. a good soul died to save the city. harlow was dead because ellie couldn't get her game together and save her. harlow died saving san francisco from ellie's own father, hand in hand with the newest titan, reverie ferris who also died that night. bea stabbed the human multiple times, resulting in reveries death.

ellie tried talking to dick, who completely shut out everyone for weeks after donna and harlow's deaths. he tried to act fine, but he wasn't. ellie moved on after two months, dick never really moved on. cressida told him it was okay to show emotions, to show that you care that they died, he shut cressida out also. dick eventually moved on, but he could never replace harlow violet.

she held a spot in his heart that no one could replace. he's known her the longest out of the group (except donna), he knew everything about her. harlow's favorite place to eat, her favorite city to visit, her worst subject in school, her celebrity crush. but she was gone, he'll never kiss her again, touch her again, talk to her again. 

he knew it was impossible to bring back donna and harlow from the dead, he knew rachel could try but it would never work. they were dead and never coming back. dick talked to barry, who moved on quickly (he didnt, barry didnt show emotions when harlow died. he was to numb), they both believed they should've been there for harlow after all these years.

dick should've stayed, he should've proposed like he wanted to, they would've hung up the suits and actually be happy. harlow always said she wanted a daughter, she wanted to live in california by the beach just to surf. harlow wanted dick in her life, she wanted to be in his life also. 

dick stood in harlow's old room, staring at where she used to sit at her desk. he imagined harlow sticking the end of the pen in her mouth, chewing on it as she drew whatever was on her mind. her hair would be up in a messy ponytail, she would be wearing dick's hoodies and a pair of shorts. the desk would be filled with messages, drawings, sayings, harlow would smile at her work before leaning back in her chair looking at dick.

the brunette disappeared as the memory ended, dick staring at the empty space in her room. he sat down on her bed, grabbing the teddy bear dick won at a fair once and gave it to harlow. he looked at it in the eye, tears flooding them as he set the bear down. "harlow violet, you really fucked me up." he mumbled looking at the photos on the walls.

each one was like the one at central city, just with the titans. one of the photos was all the titans, garth, donna, hank, dawn, dick, and harlow. it was before all the chaos, the pain, the hurt. their smiles were genuine, garth had his arm wrapped around harlow, who was smiling the widest. harlow stood next dick, his hand around her waist as he smiled. they all looked happy. it was the night they all went out for once, all going to a carnival and no interruptions happened. they were just happy. 

dick scanned the photos on the wall, running his hand over the bracelets and tickets she hung next to photos with the memories. he stopped at one with young harlow, dick, and donna. they were all sitting on dicks bed, smiling and looking at the camera. dick chuckled softly remembering how cressida almost yelled at them all for not looking at the camera. 

"dick?" a voice asked from the darkness at the entrance of the bedroom. olivia wayne stood there, tears flooding her eyes seeing her cousin so upset. dick gave her a soft smile before pulling the younger girl in for a hug, she began crying in his arms missing her best friend. dick rubbed his hand down her back, tears falling out of his eyes. 

he didnt want to believe harlow was gone, but he had to let her go.

THREE WEEKS LATER

harlow violet stood in front of her grave, an umbrella in her hand as it poured. next to her was reverie, who frowned at harlow's sadness. she couldn't go back to the titans, its been three months since her 'death', they probably moved on by now. harlow wanted to hug them all, she wanted to go home and lay in her bed listening to everything everyone had to say. "shame." david violet stated from behind the girls.

harlow blinked with no emotion, she turned around with a blank face. "lets just go." the brunette stated looking at her phone. tears flooded her eyes seeing everyone texting her their problems, they all believed harlow was dead so they texted almost everything to her. ellie texted the most, usually saying what was happening and who they took down. she basically acted like harlow was still with them.

'you would've loved this villain'

'dawn and hank left.'

harlow knew everything. david violet, reverie, and harlow all walked out of the central city cemetery seeing people all playing in the rain. there was still a memorial for silver trickster, every month on harlow's birthdate and death date they would celebrate her as a hero, not a villain. 

harlow shut her eyes, tears falling out of them as she got in the taxi. harlow opened the news app, titans took down yet another villain. then there was the shocking news 'robin, batmans sidekick was found dead just hours ago'. harlow almost let out another sob, she pulled her feet up to her chest looking over at reverie who frowned at the woman.

reverie knew how hard it was for harlow not to go back to them. she tried convincing david to let harlow just see them, but he refused. after all he was the reason they both were alive. now they had to follow the rules. "i'm sorry." reverie whispered to harlow who shook her head. david looked back at his daughter, who was clearly upset.

harlow shook her head again, she should be there with them. bea would need someone to help her through the grief, harlow should've never died. the brunette shut her eyes, leaning her head on her legs as she let out sobs filling the whole taxi. reverie pulled the woman in, the two hugging as david violet sighed. "gotham city." he stated to the taxi driver as he heard his daughters cries. "make it quick."

BRYNN SPEAKS!

WE ARE BACK AND READY TO ATTACK!