CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

"WOAH. THIS PLACE WAS ALL THE TITANS?" griffin asked looking around at the tower, harlow dropped her jacket on the chair looking around. all the memories came back to her, all the fights, laughs, the games, everything. harlow swallowed, regretting her decision to come back.  everything felt like it was crashing down on her, her life was fucked, the cops were after her, now she was heading back to the one place she hated. 

"yep." she mumbled looking around the place, harlow tapped her finger on the chair. she sighed, "never mind, we should just-"

"harlow?" a voice called out making harlow turn around to ellie standing there, a smug look on her face. the brunette teleporter noticed harlows sudden change in almost everything, her style, her hair, and her accent. "what the fuck happened to you?" she noticed the ashes on harlows face, the clothes were sorta burnt.

"oh you know, dr. light, the usual." harlow replied standing next to griffin, the two glancing at each other. ellie nodded slowly, looking at her phone that went off with the news. "oh and also being a fugitive."

"i saw that." ellie replied sitting on the counter, she handed harlow a drink then griffin. "how'd that happen?" harlow shrugged, chuckling a tiny bit before the lights went out. the three friends looked around, "wow thats nice."

harlow looked around, hearing voices coming from the distance. she prepared herself to either be laughed at or greeted. either way, she prepared. "lit up five minutes ago. he's using the stadium to recharge." dick's voice rang out, making griffin raise his eyebrows at harlow who tensed up.

"he's a grandiose motherfucker isn't he?" hanks voice rang out, the four ex heroes stopping to look at harlow who waved awkwardly at them. griffin went wide eyed looking at the heroes, donna, hank, dawn, and dick. he couldn't believe he was meeting the titans once and for all. harlow explained almost everything to him, he didnt know why, maybe because she liked the company.

"its a challenge." harlow added, moving on from the meet and greet. she stood next to donna, who smirked at her best friend before looking back at the team.

"or a trap." donna replied looking at griffin, she smiled softly at him making griffin smile back at her. the friends, dick mostly, stared at harlow and wondered what happened to her. he saw on the news that the police wanted her, he didnt know why and how, but he didnt want to ask questions. 

"what he doesn't know is that we are all here." dick added, looking at griffin who stood awkwardly in the back. he had no idea what to do, they obviously didnt trust him except harlow. it was pretty smart, griffin was betraying them all and they had no idea. "hes asking for a party of four."

"well lets give him a party of six." hank replied, wrapping his arm around harlow as she nodded. dr light blew up her stuff, now it was time for her to blow him up right after ripping his heart out like he did to her when she was younger. he ripped out her heart (not literally) by killing her best friend. 

"what we're on the move?" jason asked walking in the room with the robin suit on. harlow shook her head with a scoff seeing griffin point at him from behind jason's back, confused on how he was robin. harlow never got to that part yet.

"yeah to hawaii." ellie replied with a chuckle, "we'll drop you off at the bus station." jason glared at the brunette who was snickering and hiding behind dawn now. the two had a sibling relationship, she hated jason, jason hated her, ellie would protect jason, jason would protect ellie. it was their thing.

"this doesn't have anything to do with you. we'll handle it." dick scolded, looking over at his replacement who now dropped his cocky grin. harlow rolled her eyes, shoving hanks arm off of her and stepping forward.

"look, i didnt come here to empty the dishwasher." jason replied, looking at harlow for help. she shrugged, having no idea what was happening. she didnt know why dick wouldn't bring jason, he was capable handling himself. "at least let me run interference or something." ellie clicked her tongue, sitting back up on the counter looking at bea walking in. bea didnt have the dye in her hair anymore, she looked older in harlow's eyes. except for the death glare she was giving everyone, that made her look younger. 

"not this time." the titans behind harlow began to walk out, making her give jason a small frown. she followed them to the elevator, standing next to donna who looked at her outfit with a ring look on her face.

"yeah, i'll explain later." harlow replied sending griffin a smile, he stood in the living room giving harlow a pleading look saying 'dont go' as dick stood in front of harlow, blocking her view of her friend. the brunette ex hero leaned on the elevator wall, "so, when did dr. light get back in town because it would've been amazing to have a heads up before he blew up my apartment. you know?" she smiled at the titans, the sinister smile that ellie hated.

"well we were going to tell you, but since you're running from the cops, we figured you had your hands full." hank replied, patting harlow on the shoulder as she raised a eyebrow. she scoffed, crossing her arms. ellie cringed, looking at dawn with a worried look, she shared the same one.

harlow clicked her tongue, "right." 

the elevator doors opened. 

☆════ ⋆★⋆ ════☆

HARLOW STOOD IN THE STADIUM, SITTING ON THE CHAIRS. she had her feet up on the railing, watching dr. light put on a show. "section 30." harlow mumbled in her coms, hearing everyone get in their place. harlow rolled her eyes, this was the dumbest plan ever. dr. light would obviously know they would all be here, he isn't that dumb.

"i'm glad you could make it!" dr light exclaimed, his voice echoing in the stadium, "all of you." harlow groaned, slamming her feet on the ground standing up. she pulled out her sword, she wanted his head off. 

"so much for the 'party of six' surprise." hank sarcastically announced in the coms,  looking at harlow who was a few seats behind him, she shrugged chewing her gum. he liked this new look, she looked badass. her cut hair, the scar on her eyebrow, it suited her. 

dr. light shot a light ray at dick, making him and donna duck. harlow looked to see if dick was okay before watching him disappear, "shit!" harlow called out, jumping over the railing, "i got a visual, southern exit!" she yelled in the coms, sprinting as hard as she could through the stands. dr. light was going to die by her hands, no one else. 

the woman opened the exit doors to see dr. light by the car, he ducked behind it as harlow slammed the door shut. dick stood next to harlow, the two glancing at each other before going to both sides of the car. harlow stuck out her sword, ready to slice his face off. dr. light jumped out from behind the car at dick, "dick!" she yelled, sticking out her hand hoping to stop the blast. 

dick dodged it, the blast going to the car behind the two. fire exploded, making harlow go wide eyed. the light ball was heading towards harlow, making her open the car door to stop it.  the pressure made her fall back, smacking her head on the ground. harlow stood up, watching hank and dawn dodge the lights.

harlow watched as ellie teleported next to hank, giving harlow a nod. the brunette ran as fast as she could, sparks came out of her feet as she threw her sword at dr. lights head. the dr dodged it, the sword going straight into the ground, "why can't you die!" harlow yelled, throwing a motorcycle at him.

blood dripped from her nose as it knocked down dr. light. she watched as dick walked up to him,  he looked back at harlow seeing her glaring at the villain. "got him." ellie stated in the coms. a bus pulled out of nowhere, causing harlow to run her hand through her hair. that distraction caused dr. light to teleport away from them.

then harlow yelled, vibrations came out of mouth breaking all of the lights she seen. ellie turned slowly on her heel looking at harlow, when did she get this power? harlow grabbed her sword, putting her hand up to the com, "never mind." she stated before shoving past dick, feeling bad she turned back around to give him a small smile.

dr. light will die.