01 | she

hello to everyone starting this book!

this story will be updated on my own time whenever i can. i just wanted to publish it now because it's (winter) break still and i want to write as much as i can!

and btw, this is a highschool au story

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・

I feel the most alive
when I'm alone.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・

Jung Wheein finds herself sitting under the large cherry blossom tree at the gate of the school, a spot where she normally seeks for her isolation to herself, since it something that she truly found to be fond of. She especially always had to carry her sketch journal, letting the breeze flow through the pinked leaves of the tree fall all around her. To Wheein, it was normal of her to remain to the side while she watched other students pour into the territory of her school𑁋RBW High𑁋in large groups together.

It felt peaceful just to be by herself𑁋the feeling of being alone with her own thoughts and her own vivid imaginations. She was able to define herself other than letting other people define who she is. And although sometimes she did really seek to enjoy the little moments with someone, right now, it was just by herself.

No one noticed her anyways, and that's okay.

Right?

She had always been the shy type ever since she was young. Her anxiety had been one of the main reasons as to why she's always been quiet and unnoticed. It wasn't that she didn't like to talk to people𑁋it's just that she found it hard to approach someone and to blatantly start a conversation with them. And since no one in her school chose to approach her at any point, she didn't bother to approach them either. She didn't mind being in the sidelines or alone; she felt more at home that way anyways.

Wheein shades in the final set of details on her sketchbook𑁋a simple drawing of the opposite cherry blossom tree that stood on the other side of where she sat𑁋narrowing her eyes down carefully to view the details of the tree. However at the corner of her eye, she notices something peculiar about the tree𑁋not the tree itself, since it just looks the same, but if she squeezes her eyes and focuses slowly, she could clearly see the outline of a figure who sat behind the tree. She couldn't get an exactly clear view, since she could only see their covered legs, but she smiles faintly before drawing in the miniscule detail on her drawing.

At least there was something different about the tree today, Wheein thinks to herself.

Before each school day, she had always been able to complete one drawing before going to class, though it's often mostly the same thing𑁋a tree. Don't be surprised if you find thousands of drawings of the same tree in her journal, though she has hoped many times to drawing more complicated visuals, such as a city, a garden, or maybe even... a person.

And as the bell rings out loudly, Wheein just continues to sit until she finishes up her drawing. It didn't take her long to finish before she scrambles her sketchbook back inside her backpack, shoving all of her neatly laid out drawing supplies in one of the pockets. She stands up quickly, brushing down her jeans and fixing the sleeves of her comfortable sweater. She adjusts the bangs out of her face as she leaves her desired spot, cowering her head low to avoid any sort of eye contact that was looking in her direction.

However, she just recalls something in her head as she glances back up, pausing in her spot to look back up at the cherry blossom tree that she just drew. Her eyes narrow in the direction of the tree, scanning for the figure that she remembered clearly seeing and inputting in her work. And to her dismay and the angle she was viewing in, she could see the figure at a more clearer view.