25 | she's lost herself in anger

hi, its long! enjoy!

also i've been spontaneously writing this book and barely existing plot for god knows how long..,,,.,., it's been 25 chapters already???!! 

just from reading this far, congrats <3

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

She held herself back from those urges
to release her pent up thoughts,
yet she was scared of the moment
of what will happen when the fuse blows;
all this just to withstand from
questioning who she was.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

It felt strange walking inside of a hospital; it almost as if the atmosphere completely shifts from the outside world. It made Hyejin more aware of everything around her, and as her gaze drifts across the scenes that were playing in front of her: from seeing a pair of paramedics run from one side of the lobby to the other, to nurses wheeling the elderly and disappearing down a hallway, and to doctors approaching families and sharing life-changing information.

God, it felt like all types of emotions combined into one setting.

Hyejin finds herself walking down a quiet hallway of the hospital, passing by countless rooms and nurses seemingly walking the opposite direction. Her eyes admires the simple complexity  of the hallway, which gave her some sort of comforting vibe. Yet she could only think about what the hell she's going to be saying to her parents𑁋how is she going to possibly explain what's been happening for almost this past month, because surely a lot of stuff has been happening, and Hyejin can't even get herself to be able to catch up with it.

"So, do you know... do you know what her grandmother... has?" Hyejin asks somewhat awkwardly as she lingers behind Hyoyeon slightly.

Hyoyeon scrunches her brows together, frowning, "From what they told me so far, um... it seems to be..." The woman hesitates before sighing, "It's a very serious heart condition, especially for her age. It... doesn't seem to be looking that good."

Hyejin lifts a worried brow. "And does Wheein know about it?"

"No, she doesn't," Hyoyeon responds disappointingly, shaking her head with discouragement. "And to be honest... I don't think she wants to know. Every time a doctor or someone would come up to, you know, tell her, she'd just... turn it down."

"Honestly, if I was her, I wouldn't really want to know too," Hyejin crosses her arms together, trying to envision Wheein in her mind. "and knowing that her grandmother seems to be the only family she has left, I wouldn't want to... put all that pressure on her, you know? She's just... too fragile, too small... She doesn't deserve all of this."

Hyoyeon smiles faintly, seemingly noticing the amount of care Hyejin has for Wheein.

"You're right," Hyoyeon stops in front of a doorway, with Hyejin almost running into her. "You can go ahead and go in. I'll catch up with you two later."

Hyejin slowly nods, taking a glance at the closed door before looking back at Hyoyeon. She watches as the woman continues in the direction of the endless hallway before disappearing. One of her hands grasps nervously around the doorknob, taking a steady breath; she didn't quite know why she was entirely nervous, but if something could explain the way her heart was pounding from the thought of seeing Wheein, then that could be the reason.