19 | she's the key to these chains

hey guys! sorry was overwhelmed with a bunch of school work, projects, and exams. i hadn't been working on the chapter as much, so i am sorry in advance if its really bad and plotless because honestly what plot at this point lmfao

it's basically a unnecessarily long built up chapter or filler chapter, or something idk, i just needed to get something out and i'm not entirely satisfied with it tbh

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

A single gaze from her direction,
a single glance from the shooting star
that ran galaxies across her eyes,
from the shooting star that shot straight
through my heart;
I feel powerless and weak,
vulnerable and ridden to my bones,
only for her.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

If there was something that made Jung Wheein more happier than usual, it was definitely the presence of Ahn Hyejin next to her. Wheein didn't know how to explain it𑁋the world around her just seemed a tiny bit alive around her, a tiny bit brighter than usual, and it wasn't noticeable until she got a closer look to it. And upon closer inspection, she felt as if the chains around her heart had came crashing down the moment she made the impulsive decision to kiss her.

That certainly wouldn't get out of her head for a long time now, right?

The silence that bound them together felt different after what had happened, and not in a bad way different, not at all. It felt incredibly soothing, it felt peaceful𑁋more than it had been before in all honesty. Wheein could feel it; it was if something inside of her had finally settled into a comfortable spot, a comfortable place, a comfortable haven. She didn't at all understand this new discovery of feelings, and she was definitely more terrified than ever to even step foot into that kind of territory, yet the pull of her heart tugged her in that direction, and she didn't have much of a choice now, did she?

The two young girls found themselves strolling through the neighbourhood, slowly but surely nearing ever so closer to Wheein's home. They weren't facing each other at all, and though it was already night time, it was quite possibly noticeable to detect the slightest amount of pinkness to their cheeks.

Both of them had decided to spend the rest of their time at the river to enjoy each other's company. And though Wheein was struggling to put her voice and express how she felt through her words majority of the time, Hyejin only continued to chuckle as she mentally acknowledged Wheein's difficulties to express herself, told her that it was completely okay, and softly kissed her again, for the third time that night. She constantly assured herself to be gentle with the sudden intimacy that she was found to be doing now, as she knew how easily uncomfortable Wheein would get, or shy, or hesitant. Whatever was blossoming between the two of them, she knew she had to take it slow to make sure Wheein was comfortable.

Hyejin had never realised the huge amount of care she had for the girl. Wheein is fragile, like broken glass. Though Hyejin knew herself that she's just as fragile as anyone else in the world, she felt like she had the dire need to just protect and enclose Wheein in her own arms from everything that will do her harm, to protect her from breaking. Yet she had so much to discover to Wheein's story, and that was okay. Patience is key, and she knew she had to wait.

"Wheein-ah," Hyejin called, which made the small girl flinch from the entrance of her voice, continuing, "I know I should have confirmed this back at the river, and it may looked like I already have, but," She met eyes with Wheein's, the single gaze making her feel weak to her knees. She continued, "just so you know, I-I really like you too, and I want to make it count."