22 | she's the claimer of her heart

HEY BESTIES GUESS WHO IS DONE WITH SCHOOL

i hope you're all well btw <3

my writing is a bit lacking atm since i havent written anything in a hot min sorry abt that ;;;!!!

but allow me to repay u guys for waiting a bit heh :p

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

They are each other's teachers,
learning the different definitions
of what "love" feels like.
One taught the other how,
while one taught the other to not be afraid.
Yet they shared the same type of love too:
the type of love that no matter the distance between,
they always find their way back to each other.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

"Ahn Hyejin, are you out of your fucking mind?!"

The booming voice of her own mother didn't surprise her at all. Hyejin sat at the edge of her bed, staring at herself in the mirror while listening to the racing steps coming from the outside of her bedroom. The guilt that had radiated throughout her body had begun to transform into heat in her eyelids, yet as much as she could possibly cry, she couldn't for some reason.

God, she just wanted to cry and accept the shame she had put herself through, but she couldn't. It was either she had cried too much to the point where she run out of tears, or because she didn't want to show herself as weak in front of her own goddamn mother.

And as she continued to stare into the mirror with her focused eyes, slowly breaking herself down flaw by flaw and piece by piece, the adrenaline had rushed in the moment her bedroom door had swung open, causing her to nearly fall back with surprise. Then there was an unexpected force that made her look up, and she saw that look in her mother's eyes.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Do you know how much trouble you have caused for your father and I due to your behaviourial issues? Because you can't just seem to control your damn self in school?"

Hyejin clenched her fists tightly to the point where her nails dug into the skin of her palm, leaving the fighting stare with her mother and down towards the ground. And she sat there, taking in the words from her mother and absorbing the anger inside of herself. Her heart had raced with a mixture of emotions; it was either an outburst between herself or an outburst towards others. This time, it was toward herself, which only fed the possibility of exploding even more.

"You're heartless and never listen," her mother spat. "and all you do is cause trouble. Your father and I... we provide for you, give you a roof over your damn head and food on the table, and this is how you repay us? You repay us with anger towards those with your already tarnished reputation? Our family's reputation? Was the first incident not enough for you, was that it? That you had just had to surround yourself with uncontrollable anger?"

Suddenly, Hyejin had found herself standing up to her mother's words, "Do you know what it's like everyday, to know that people are talking about you behind your back? To be told that you'll never be enough for any𑁋"

"Did I say you could talk back to me?" her mother interrupted her, causing her to close her mouth out of fear. "I'm your mother; you don't have the right to talk back to me, understand?" Her mother only stepped a bit closer, before completely blocking her view in front of the mirror. Hyejin only looked up to meet with her mother's angry eyes. "Do you want to be unsuccessful when you grow up? Do you want to be a failure when you're older?"