epilogue

and the final rendition to this book... the epilogue! i hope you enjoy <3 and it's long, as always smh but i'm not sorry for that 🤩

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

Hyejin stretches herself atop of Wheein's particularly soft and comfortable bed. Well, Wheein's bed in Hyoyeon's home. She finds herself alone in the bedroom, as Wheein was out helping Hyoyeon with getting her final belongings of moving into the room fully. There weren't many things to get, but Wheein's constant insisting said otherwise. The room was kept to its minimal decoration, a few opened and closed boxes laid on the ground, and some displays of old photos on the dresser. That was about it, and Hyejin still loved everything about the room. Maybe because it was all just Wheein, and everything was about her.

She takes the clip that secured her hair off before resting her head against the pillow, a quiet sigh leaving her mouth as she can feel her eyelids becoming a bit heavy from the exhausting day of helping Wheein and Hyoyeon. The coolness of the sheets against her skin made her frequently shift, as she wore a cropped beige camisole top and a pair of grey sweatpants. The sheer comfortableness of the bed wasn't helping either; it was only adding to her tired state, and Hyejin knew herself that once she's knocked into sleep mode, it'd be hard to wake her up.

However, the sound of a door shutting close was able to partially knock her out of her dazed state. Hyejin manages to sit up in the bed, hearing a pair of quiet footsteps growing louder in the direction where she was in. A small smile spreads at her face as she knew exactly who it was.

And when the door swings open, Wheein staggers in, struggling a bit with a box in her hands to which Hyejin immediately responds with racing over to help her. The box was considerably medium-sized, but Hyejin wasn't exactly sure what would be inside. The two of them hold onto the box together𑁋it wasn't that heavy too𑁋before bending down to place it on the floor.

"What's inside the box?" Hyejin asks curiously, watching closely to see Wheein eagerly trying to pry it open.

Wheein glances up at her, biting her bottom lip nervously. "It's a surprise."

"A surprise you want to reveal now?"

"It's... it's for you." Wheein admits through slightly gritted teeth.

Hyejin lifts a brow. "For me?"

Wheein only nods, continuing to open the box. She pulls the flaps open as Hyejin places herself down on the floor next to the girl, leaning in to be able to see what was inside. Her eyes were able to pinpoint a bunch of Wheein's art supplies, but what caught her glance was what was below all of them.

As the smaller girl shoves the art supplies to one side of the box, Hyejin was now able to make out was inside.

It was all of Wheein's sketchbooks.

"Your sketchbooks?" Hyejin questions for confirmation.

"I-I made a promise to myself to show you them one day," Wheein shyly says. "because... because they're basically... me. Or this hidden version of me. Either way, just, yeah... I want𑁋I have to show you them."

Hyejin couldn't tell through the girl's expression if she was excited or anxious to show her. Or maybe even both.

"You don't have to if you don't want to, Wheein-ah."

"But I do. I do want to. I just... I haven't shown them to anyone before, or at least, shown every single page..." Wheein can feel her lips quiver to her own words.