08 | she's in oblivion

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

The silence between us
held the truth that bounded us together
but of course,
we couldn't hear it, yet it spoke so clearly.
Instead, we just choose to ignore it.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

Though the tiredness still tried its best to drag Wheein into quicksand, she had tried her best to stay awake and to not pass out in front of Hyejin since that would be entirely embarrassing to do. Wheein couldn't tell if they were very close to the school, or extremely far away. However, she didn't plan on stopping anytime soon; if she could continue to walk without taking a break, then that's something she would do. As long as she knew Hyejin was near her, she felt as if she was in a completely safe environment.

Most of the walk had been filled with silence as per usual, with Wheein occasionally getting lost in her own thoughts as Hyejin walked quietly beside her. Wheein couldn't help but also notice the extra effort in attire that Hyejin had applied to herself𑁋not that there was anything bad about it; in fact, Wheein suddenly felt out of place as her own style wasn't particularly anything special𑁋she hoped Hyejin didn't mind that at all. The outfit truly appealed to Wheein as it did on Hyejin, and it matched it quite well. And if Wheein was able to put words to it, then... yeah, Hyejin looked beautiful in it.

With the corner of her eye, Wheein admires the way the sun kissed upon Hyejin's unique skin and made it glow brightly in the morning hours of the day. A light smile even tugged at the corner of Hyejin's mouth. Wheein tries her best to not fully make it look like she was staring, but she couldn't exactly... stop herself.

Hyejin could feel the girl's pairs of lingering eyes on her𑁋not entirely, but in an extremely subtle way. She wasn't looking in Wheein's direction as she was looking forwards, but it makes her lightly smile just from the feeling of it. She didn't try to acknowledge it𑁋perhaps not wanting to confront the girl over it. In actuality, it gives her some slight amusement. Maybe putting in the tiny effort of creating a decent outfit paid off well.

However, it wasn't enough to make her stop thinking of the consequences once she reaches the doors of the school. She knew already that the people wouldn't even hesitate to possibly drown her in judgmental whispers, just like what has happened many times previously. No matter the effort she puts into something, it would never be enough to satisfy someone.

And so, the faint smile fades away from her face𑁋she hoped that Wheein wasn't negatively judging her next to her as it would only add on to her continuous list of why moving schools is the epitome of Hell, and that she shouldn't involve herself with being in the life of someone she just met. She hoped that Wheein wasn't apart of that kind of façade since if she was, then this friendship between them would... be just nothing.

Right?

It immediately slaps Hyejin in the fact of the now one-sided awkward tension that she was facing just from her irresponsible thought process.

God dammit, Hyejin curses in her head with the urge just strongly yell it out growing by the millisecond. Why does this always happen to me? Why can't I, for once, enjoy the moment of being friends with someone after so many years?

Thinking about these sorts of things for Hyejin would be normal for any other person she would see due to her past experiences. But for Wheein, she wasn't entirely sure at all, because the girl was so incredibly hard to read and Hyejin tremendously wanted to find a way to break through that. If in fact Wheein was just one of them all along, then what else did Hyejin have to fight for at this point?