09 | she's a wallflower

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

Her silence held the secrets
that her heart can't take,
and that words aren't enough to make.
Her secrets held
the dark stories of her imagination
that only continue to pull her under.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

"Whee?"

The name echoes throughout Wheein's head as if someone had yelled her name across an entire ravine. It suddenly turns off the movie in her head until she could see complete darkness, a low annoyed mumble escaping her lips in response. Strangely, whatever dream she had felt completely peaceful. Normally, none of the dreams she'd have would even be called dreams.

"Angel, wake up. Class is about to end." A sudden tug at her sleeve finally makes her eyes open up to the sight of a beige cloth draped neatly in front of her on the desk which clearly wasn't there previously, though it felt so familiar to her. Wheein slowly lifts her head up, eyelashes fluttering as a small yet powerful yawn leaves her mouth while still oblivious to the work environment around her.

Next to her, Hyejin could feel her heart pace for a moment, I almost heard her voice.

As Wheein's vision begins to adjust the sudden bright lighting in the classroom𑁋which in turn is mostly responsible for her sitting next to the damn window𑁋she looks around to see the other kids beginning to pack up their belongings into their backpack and others who were already waiting by the door for the school bell to ring. Seeing all of that makes some sudden adrenaline to erupt inside Wheein, who quickly stands up to scramble her items into her backpack. That backfires though when some of pencils dropped onto the floor, rolling away from her.

Suddenly, she feels a hand wrap around her forearm, making her dart back to meet brief eye contact with Hyejin looking up at her, eyes seemingly gleaming from the incoming sun rays from the window behind her. She could also see that her outfit was missing a certain element, which makes Wheein's eyes dart from the beige cardigan in front of her, then back to Hyejin.

Did... I just... take a nap... in Hyejin's cardigan? The question gives her an internal freakout session.

"Hey, hey, slow down, we have like... three minutes left. That's plenty of time." Hyejin says comfortingly, directing Wheein to sit back inside her seat. Wheein just watches obliviously as Hyejin assists with picking up her fallen pencils on the ground, in turn making Wheein meet eyes with the three girls across the room, who seem to be trying to hold in their laughter. Before some of the anger could get to her, Hyejin stands up and blocks her view while placing the pencils back on the desk to keep them from falling.

Wheein sighs softly, grabbing the pencils into her hands and grabbing her backpack from the floor and shoving it inside one of the small pockets without bothering to make sure she put it inside the specific one she had. If only she didn't have to wake up from an amazing nap to seeing the three possible girls that have been tormenting Hyejin. And she didn't like the fact that she could clearly see the plastered fake smiles that Hyejin has had on her face𑁋she didn't know whether or not to feel angry, or sad, or both.

"I-I did your assignment for you, if that's okay. I mean, I barely paid attention in class. I basically bullshitted it." Hyejin suddenly says.

The words make Wheein faintly smile in appreciation.

Hyejin angles her head to the side as she watched Wheein swing the backpack over her shoulder, all while getting an observant look at her face. Hyejin could feel the goosebumps dance up and down her arms from the sudden cold air that circled around the small classroom, making her wrap her arms around her body. Even Wheein could feel the rush of cold air too, making her grimace in place.