17 | she's tracing flowers

my dumbass accidentally deleted the previous draft of this chapter and i hate myself for doing that lol like fmllllll

i swear the plot will go somewhere very soon because i've just been supplying endless amount of fluff (for good reason I promise and because writing fluff makes my heart melt every time)

wow i got this out earlier than expected lol

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

I may be quiet,
I may be mysterious,
I may be isolated,
and kept under the harsh words
of the voice in my head.
But, darling, for if I have the strength
to one day hold you in my arms,
to one day use my voice to protect you,
and to one day to be able to repay your promises,
then perhaps breaking free from myself
wouldn't feel as damaging
as I already feel.

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

Only the sounds of hushed laughter had filled the air of the two girls trying their best to not be too loud in the hopes of not disturbing the other people in the park. Wheein found herself propped upright, legs stretched into the grass with Hyejin next to her, laying in the grass with only arms and hands supporting her head. It was perhaps around late evening time, an ideal time that most people𑁋especially couples𑁋venture out of their homes to admire the beauty of the Han River at sunset.

Wheein stayed quiet for the most part while listening to Hyejin talk𑁋something not out of the ordinary at this point. Her mind only continued to drift places as Hyejin's voice and words got lost into the relaxing sounds of the river not that far away from them. For some reason, this night, she felt happier, and there's especially a certain reason for that. She felt safe from everything, as if the river emitted some sort of magical aura around her and Hyejin as well. She had completely forgotten about her own feelings that were trying to bring her down while in the company of Hyejin right next to her.

So the moment reality slapped her back to the world, the moment she had turned back to Hyejin with a puzzled brow.

"You're thinking again," she had said, propped on a single elbow with a curious curve of a smile at her lips. "You know, when your eyes seemed to drift off. Or your mind. Or both. Because you seemed so fondly interested in the grass in front of you than me telling you about my aspirations." The way Hyejin had said wasn't at all in a rude remark, but more in a teasing fashion. Wheein felt generally surprised at how observant the younger girl became to notice when she... thinks? Usually it would be hard to notice when Wheein would begin to separate herself from her thoughts; everyone would just think she was weird.

Wheein just gulped, unsure of how to respond to that, as it was very much true to how she described it.

Hyejin sighed, "It's okay, though. You know too much about me now. I-I've spoken too much about myself for one day and I'm quite exhausted to say the truth," She faced back to Wheein with a wandering gaze, a shimmered light shone in her iris from the angle of the moon, and the curve of her lips increased. "What do you aspire to become, Wheein-ah?"

Wheein looked up to the moon as if it was gonna send some telepathic message back to her, which unfortunately and unsurprisingly, it didn't.

She attempted to make eye contact with Hyejin, a small smile on her face as Hyejin's darkened gaze seemed to be too much for her to be able to handle.