05 | she's the unsolved mystery

decided to bring back some poems :)

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

Is it possible to fall for someone
who is as mysterious as the universe,
as mysterious as the night,
as mysterious as silence?

*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚:*✧・゚: *✧・゚

"Ahn Hyejin, wake up before you'll be late for school!"

The voice makes Hyejin groan loudly, voice echoing throughout her bedroom as she pulls the sheets over her entire body before letting out a muffled scream into her sheets and curling herself more into her bed; at this point, she felt like a nine-year old child having a temper tantrum. But how could you blame her? How can you blame her for dreading leaving her home to go to a place she isn't prominently welcomed? 

And it's not like she was exactly welcomed in her own home either. More indirectly than directly, though. 

After what felt like another half hour, Hyejin finally throws the sheets off her body, placing her feet down on the floor of her bedroom as she adjusts the length of her white oversized shirt, allowing it to drip over her thighs to cover the skin up self-consciously. It makes her cringe slightly as she takes a brief glance at herself in the mirror at the corner of her room before shaking it away, running a hand and nails through her silky black locks. 

She takes another gaze at herself in the mirror, turning herself in different angles to take a look at her body, pulling her shirt up to reveal her stomach. She allows a hand to glide over the smooth skin, a frown dusting upon her face. Then her hand smooths over the skin of her thighs before laying completely flat. A sigh escapes her lips at her dumb self-conscious persona𑁋oh, how words can truly affect a person.

Hyejin has tried to convince herself that yes, she might not be the prettiest to peoples' eyes, but she's pretty to her own eyes. Now, she wasn't exactly sure about that statement. Most of her life she had been assured that she would never fit into the 'beautiful' standards of a girl by people who she swore were not in their right state of mind. Who the hell in their right mind decided that, "Hey! I want to make a list of standards that I want in a girl, and make it known to the whole country." 

The thought makes her scoff, before hearing the voice of her mother return to aggravate her even more, "Ahn Hyejin! If you're not awake by the time𑁋"

"I'm coming, mother!" Hyejin exclaims back loudly, the anger a bit more aggressive in her raspy morning voice. She tries to calm herself down by taking a deep breath before muttering to herself, "What a wonderful way to start the morning."

She had to face her mother of all people almost every morning. It wasn't that she disliked her mother𑁋it was that her mother more specifically, well, dislikes her in a sense. Or possibly hate, but the word 'hate' is a bit of an overstatement. But then again, even the word 'dislike' can possibly be an understatement of its own. Either way, her mother isn't exactly fond of her, and she knew exactly why. 

Hyejin didn't at all like the way the both of them choose to ignore each other when it comes to the topic of her future, or even her so-called 'life choices'. Her mother had never fully lashed out on her about it, but she knew deep inside that the woman had been hiding some sort of disappointment in her system. Just from the way her face would scrunch together, or the way her eyes would look down to the ground. It bothered Hyejin too much that she wasn't allowed to fully embrace whatever desire and dream she has when it comes to her mother, and how the woman doesn't fully support her dreams of becoming a singer of sorts; her father was frequently out of the house due to his work schedules, so Hyejin rarely has the opportunity to see or talk to him, but there was always something on her mind telling her that the man doubted her too.