xxxiv.

"You ready for your N

"You ready for your N.E.W.T.s?" Sirius asks as he leans over her shoulder and looks at her notes, making her hum with a nod. She's sitting on the grass just outside the castle with a view on the Black Lake and the mountains. "I bet 10 Galleons that you'd get an O."

"You bet on my N.E.W.T. score?" She asks in amusement and he hums, nodding with a proud smile. She snickers and shakes her head, pecking his lip. "I appreciate your support. We are splitting right, if you win?"

"Oh, so now you want to split? But when I was trying to prove James something, you didn't want to. I see how it is." He huffs as he sits down next to her and leans his head against her shoulder.

"Don't be a baby." She snickers and he chuckles, as he reads along with her the notes for Potions class. "Did you really smell me for your Amorentia?"

"Of course! It's either you or myself. Would have been awkward if we had the same smell." He says jokingly, making her hit him playfully. He kisses her cheek, causing a blush to appear. "In all honesty if anyone else had smelled you, I'd have not hesitated to fight them."

"During class? You'd have spend the rest of the year in detention." She points out and he shrugs as he looks at her.

"Would have been worth it." He shrugs, making her roll her eyes at him. "Can you believe it? We're nearly finished. Only two more months and we're out of here."

"Yup. Basically. Kind of scary." She admits, making him hum and nod with a sigh. "What are you going to do?"

"Well, I'm going to spend all summer with my beautiful girlfriend and my annoying friends. And maybe do something for the war." He says, making her look at him in shock.

"You want to do something for the war?" She asks, slightly shocked by his response.

"Of course! I think it's unfair that the family you're born in should define who you are. It's not something we can exactly choose." He muses and she smiles down at him with admiration. He looks up and smiles back at her. She puts down the parchments and takes a deep breath.

"My father, he was a pureblood." She hums and he nods.

"I know. The Lovia's were pretty well known. Heard your father died in an accident." He says and she sighs, shaking her head.

"No. He was killed by a Death Eater." She admits and he straightens up, looking at her in shock. Most people believed the death of her father was a freak accident, mainly because it seemed impossible for someone to kill a person like him. Everet Lovia, was known for his kindness and wisdom, having been the Minster's Advisor, he was also extremely well respected. "It started as rumour that my father had married my mother, a muggle. So no one really acknowledged it, but when I was born, those rumours weren't rumours anymore. My father received a lot of hate for it, ironically, mainly from your family, the Malfoy and the Lestrange. When he refused to leave my mom and I, he was killed."

"I'm so sorry. I didn't know." He breaths out and she smiles softly at him.

"Only the girls know. And Hagrid. Obviously Professor Dumbledore does know." She chuckles softly and he pulls her into a hug, holding her tightly.

"You don't deserve to have your father taken away from you." Sirius says, making her smile appreciatively. Letting her eyes flutter shut as he holds on to her tightly.

"It's okay. I mean, I still wish he was here. But it's okay. I just hope I make him proud." She says and he pulls away to look at her.

"He'd be extremely proud of the amazing person you've become. And in extremely proud of you too, sunshine." He hums and kisses her forehead, making her blush. She smiles up at him.

"I love you." She hums and he chuckles, pecking her lip.

"I love you, too. Can I ask you something?" He asks softly, making her hum as she looks up at him. He tugs a few loose strands of hair behind her ear. "What happened to your mother?"

"Oh." Her smile drops and he immediately regrets having asked her. He is about to tell her she doesn't have to tell him, but she speaks up. "I don't know. After my father died, she sort of started hating everything to do with magic, even me. She would spend hours shouting at me sometimes, until she decided to give me up for adoption, not wanting anything with me."

"You don't deserve that kind of pain." He says weakly and she smiles reassuringly.

"I'm fine. It's okay." She assures him and he frowns. "What about your nightmares, how are they?"

"Uh, they got worse when you sort of left." He admits and she looks down, feeling bad for having left him. He notices that and he raises her head up again. "It's not your fault."

"I'm sorry. If you have one tonight, you can come to my room." She muses and he smiles appreciatively.

"I know my sunshine."