xxvii.

"Cassiopeia we have a challenge for you

"Cassiopeia we have a challenge for you." James smirks deviously, making her look up at him in worry. She noticed that only Remus, James and Lily were here, not even Sirius.

"What kind of challenge?" She asks skeptically and he Lily sighs.

"It's stupid, really. It started with betting Sirius he could spend a whole day without being clingy with you, but James doesn't want to lose, so he's challenging you to get Sirius to lose the bet." Lily says and Cassiopeia snickers. This was the kind of stuff only James and Sirius would do.

"Okay. Challenge accepted." Even though Cassiopeia found it extremely stupid and childish, she really wanted to see if Sirius could get through.

"I think his master plan is to avoid you for the day." Remus says, and she nods in understanding. She glances towards the entrance, just in time to see Sirius walk in with Peter. As soon as they make eye contact, he turns around and walks away.

"Oh. He is bloody serious about this." Cassiopeia snickers as she stands up, as the others are amused by what they just saw. "Well, I've got to go. I have a boyfriend to annoy."

"You go girl. I'm rooting for you." James says excitedly and she snorts, before she runs after Sirius. Cassiopeia looks around to see Sirius walking away. She catches up to him and wraps her arms around him.

"Hey, Padfoot." She giggles as he stiffens. He smiles at her sheepishly and slowly pushes her away, making her amused. "I've heard about your bet."

"Don't take it personally, sunshine. You know I would love nothing but to hold you all day, but James challenged my ego. I'm very sensitive about that." He says dramatically and she snickers, shaking her head.

"I know, but the issue is. James came to me, asking me to be the clingiest girlfriend possible." She muses and his eyes widen as he starts to back away.

"Darling you love me. If I win this, we can split the money." He suggests, making her shake her head with a soft smile.

"Yes, but I'm not doing this for money. I'm doing it because I want to test your limits." She says firmly and he looks at her in pure betrayal.

"Cassie, darling. My love. Sunshine. You don't want to do this." He says, making her raise an eyebrow in amusement as she takes a step forward, making him back away even more. With each step she takes forward, he takes one backward. "Darling, please."

"Oh, come on. I kinda want to go cuddle. Don't you want to cuddle?" She asks tauntingly and he seems hesitant at first, making her believe she had already broken him.

"I do. But no, I must stay strong and resist." He says firmly, before running away, causing her to snort and shake her head. He seemed to be dead set on proving James wrong, that she decided she wouldn't push him too much. She turns back around and starts making her way back to the Great Hall. On her way, suddenly from behind someone tackles her into a hug, making her squeal in surprise. She turns around to look at the person, only to see Sirius with a sheepish grin. "I can't do it."

"Bloody hell, Sirius. You have actual issues." She giggles, wrapping her arms around him. He buries his face into her shoulder and holds on to her tightly. "Okay, you can let go now."

"Never." He grumbles, making her huff and try to push her boyfriend off.

"Sirius! I want to go back to the Great Hall." She whines, making him shrug.

"Then let's go." He says nonchalantly and she gives him a look of disbelief.

"How am I supposed to go anywhere with you holding me like your life depended on it?" She asks in amusement, making him shrug.

"You can carry me if you want." He suggests, making her rub her forehead as she tries not to smile in amusement.

"Merlin's beard." She breaths out, before she tries to move and he ends up following her without letting go. She ends up dragging him all the way back to the Great Hall, receiving strange looks from on passing students. As she walks in the Hall, her friends look up and James immediately bursts into laughter, while Remus drops his head on the table.

"What happened?" Lily asks in amusement and Cassiopeia huffs.

"I gave him a little too much attention." Cassiopeia grumbles as Sirius looks up at them with a wide grin.

"I'm never letting her go." Sirius says proudly, making James laugh even more.

"I feel bad for Cassie." Remus hums as he looks back up, making her shrug.

"I feel bad for me too." Cassiopeia muses, and Sirius looks up at her in shock.

"Gasp! How dare you say such things? You should be blessed to be in my presence. Just for that, that's another 5 hours stuck with me." Sirius huffs and crosses his arms.

"Whatever will I do." Cassiopeia says sarcastically, before leaning down and kissing his forehead, making him get all flustered.

"Merlin's beard, this boy has got it bad." Peter snickers, making Sirius glare at him.