xxvi.

The door to her room opening is what wakes her up, making her look up at who is intruding in the middle of the night

The door to her room opening is what wakes her up, making her look up at who is intruding in the middle of the night. She lets out a deep breath, as she sees Sirius smiling at her sheepishly. He closes the door behind him and walks up to her, crawling into bed, next to her. She wraps her arms around him, as he rests his head on her chest, his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Nightmare?" She asks softly, making him nod and she pulls him closer, running her fingers through his hair. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"No, I just want to forget about it." He says honestly, making her hum understandingly. "Tell me a funny story or something crazy about you?"

"Must I remind you, who you're talking to?" She asks teasingly, making him snort. She takes a deep breath as she tries to think of a story, but nothing comes to mind. "You're putting a lot of pressure on me, Sirius."

"You can't possibly have not a single story. Something that you find embarrassing or strange. Anything?" He asks determined, to get a story out of her.

"Well, there is fifth year, when I met your brother." She muses, making him look up at her in shock.

"You met Regulus? Have you met my whole family before me?" He asks in disbelief, making her giggle and shake her head.

"It was by accident. Marlene was supposed to meet me in the big courtyard, but she was late. And your brother walks up to me, going on a rant about you actually." She muses and he looks up at her questioningly.

"What about me?" Sirius asks in confusion and she bites her lip to stop herself from laughing.

"Well it was basically how you were a furry. He went on and on about it for what felt like hours." She answers his question, making him groan and burry his face in the crook of her neck. "And also something about you not wanting to admit your feelings to Remus."

"That's not funny. That's embarrassing." He grumbles making Cassiopeia giggle and shrugs.

"Crazy story. Honestly, I see what he means though. I totally wouldn't be surprised if you and Remus end up together. I mean the sexual tension. And everything, it's there." She says teasingly, making him huff and shake his head.

"Well, I like you more." Sirius mumbles, making her giggle and blush. He looks up at her and leans up, connecting their lips. The position they're in gets uncomfortable, so he pulls her on top of him, having her straddle his waist. His hands move up to her hips, tracing patterns with his fingers. Her hair cascades down around them. Something felt different this time as they lips moved together in a sensual movement.

It was soft, yet rough. Rushed, yet passionate and sensual. He was kissing her as if he wanted to memorise the taste of her lips on his, forever. Her stomach swarmed with the feeling of butterflies as a blush rises to her cheeks. They were chasing a thrill, one they knew they couldn't reach tonight, but wanted to get close as close as their limits allowed them. Her hands held his jaw firmly, and his hands slowly moved up and down her hips, up to her waist.  She pulls away, slowly kissing down his cheek, down his jaw to his neck, she softly bites the skin. He takes in a deep breath, his eyes shut.

"I think this is a better distraction than your story about Regulus." He breaths out, making her chuckle softly as she sits up and looks down at him. His hands move back down to her thighs and smirks up at her. "I like this side of you."

"Of course you do." She snickers, blushing a little and he chuckles softly.

"Not as much as I like your cute little shy side though. That's the Cassiopeia I like the most. But I'm not complaining about this side." He says honestly, making her smile in amusement, biting her lip softly.

"You have issues, Black." She says teasingly, making him snort before he flips them over so that he's hovering over her. The movement comes as a surprise to her, making her let out a squeal and he gives a look.

"Be louder will you? So that they find us here." He says teasingly, just as there's a knock at the door, making her put a hand over his mouth.

"Yes?" Cassiopeia calls out for the person knocking.

"Is everything okay in there?" The Ravenclaw Prefect asks.

"Yes. Yes. I just fell off the bed." Cassiopeia calls out.

"Okay, be careful." The Prefect says, before she leaves, making Cassiopeia look up at Sirius, before they both burst into laughter. They make sure not to make any more loud noise.

"You absolute idiot." Sirius snorts, making her hit him playfully.

"You're the reason behind me having been so loud." She huffs and he chuckles softly.

"Trust me, darling. If I had it my way, you'd have been a lot more louder." He says with a smirk, making her blush. He chuckles softly and lays back down next to her, pulling her close. "Get some rest, darling. It's getting late."

"Okay, goodnight. Sirius." She hums, resting her head on his chest and he smiles softly, kissing her forehead.

"Goodnight, sunshine."